What the Funk is up!

StarStoks

Active endo
Hey Ya’ll! Name is Stoks (Stocks); That name is subject to change though.. I’ve been eyein Starbase for a cool minute. I caught wind of the game when the devs dropped the Bolt crackers series and I was hooked on the concept cuz the tutorials where created in game. Unlike many games that create teasers, or trailers outside of the game.

I’m into all things space, with an exception of what I like to call Corporate space (a sterile dystopian future in which corporations control all means of production and the ongoing vision of humanity) and…
Colonial space (retrofitting the past european exploration era onto space; Ex. Greedfall, Treasure planet etc.)

Elite Dangerous (ED) got the corporate vibe for sure. And although I love ED for its technicality I’m just not much of a fan of their overall aesthetic.

Greedfall, Treasure planet etc. are good examples of Colonial space and lay into those era’s themes heavily. Also kind of sterile and one tracked in thought and the era doesn’t evoke the best feelings or memories for other groups.

For me, these two genres endlessly being made in all sorts of media, states that our future and the tenants of those genres bring an absolute for our present, past and future. Space is more than that. Which brings me to why I’ve hopped onto Starbase.

I’m looking forward to this game dropping, cuz as it seems right now the core foundation of the game looks solid within the closed alpha. With Starbase’s level of innovation from destruction to creativity and community building, this game looks like it will allow players to create problems and respond with their own unique solutions. And I’m a sucker for games that give you free reign on developing your own styles and drumming up solutions. I look forward to creating something new and lending into my own pool of thought.

The Devs seem like they have a vision and know exactly where they want to go with it and I’m excited to see how Starbase grows and how it’s communities evolve over time.