What will happen if I force to break the 94000 limitation?

MAXD

Veteran endo
A member of my faction asked: Can I bolt ships together to make a bigger one, even bigger than the limitation?
Will he be able to link cable with everything? Will it be abl

Burnside

Master endo
Your cpu will melt. It's not a game limit, it's a processing limit based on your hardware. This is the mos common misunderstanding people have when the parts limit is discussed. It also doesn't count, bolts, connector plates, or cables.

cranky corvid

Well-known endo
They are planning to have an actual hard limit as well, initially around the same number (but it'll probably get raised due to optimizations later). It just hasn't been implemented yet, as far as we know (the latest progress notes do mention a parts limit for the spaceship designer, though).

That limit will not include bolt, wire or pipe now,wich means that will be a really big one , no one could tell what will happen when that monolith jump into the battlefield.That could be a disaster to everyone.

MAXD

Veteran endo
That limit will not include bolt, wire or pipe now,wich means that will be a really big one , no one could tell what will happen when that monolith jump into the battlefield.That could be a disaster to everyone.
Attack form a good CPU will melt the other CPUs? XD

the problem is a titan would work that way when you logout and others had to calculate the stuff, a titan is just a CPU jammer for yourself and there is a distance thing, ppl can go out of math range and deal with it.

CalenLoki

Master endo
Building big to melt other players PCs have one counter.
Other players need to just render your ship.
Your PC need to run all the calculations: physics, structural integrity, resources, forces, collisions, yolol, ect.
So several times more than others.

Doable? Probably. If you have absolute best rig available, and their is under minimal specs.

Burnside

Master endo
They are planning to have an actual hard limit as well, initially around the same number (but it'll probably get raised due to optimizations later). It just hasn't been implemented yet, as far as we know (the latest progress notes do mention a parts limit for the spaceship designer, though).
I demand sauce, I've never seen any indication of a hard limit being put in place, only talk of optimisations raising the effective maximums.

94,000, in fact, enough players to build a huge enough spaceship.
Rather than considering how big a spaceship can be, I think we should think about whether so many people have control over the spaceship.
The operation of the entire spacecraft involves the most basic maintenance and operation personnel, pilots, commanders, observers, weapon control personnel, and logistics support personnel.
If it involves a fleet of huge ships, it will require a large number of specially trained personnel to operate, which is very difficult.
YOLOL does not provide us with the ability to automatically manage the spacecraft.

MAXD

Veteran endo
94,000, in fact, enough players to build a huge enough spaceship.
Rather than considering how big a spaceship can be, I think we should think about whether so many people have control over the spaceship.
The operation of the entire spacecraft involves the most basic maintenance and operation personnel, pilots, commanders, observers, weapon control personnel, and logistics support personnel.
If it involves a fleet of huge ships, it will require a large number of specially trained personnel to operate, which is very difficult.
YOLOL does not provide us with the ability to automatically manage the spacecraft.
Bigger ships are always a kind of romantic! XD

Burnside

Master endo
Next most recent quote is three months later and mirrors much the same:
LauriFB01/05/2020ship editor has area and part limits, but the limits increase when we improve tech

[3:55 PM] LauriFB: I think we'll start with smaller than centurio, but that's not too far either
at least it's not a locked number

I think that connecting two unit ships with nails can make the total parts exceed the upper limit. If everyone in a company or force uses a unit ship / cell ship that can be connected to each other, there can be a big ship like a spectacle. I want to call it CGS :"Company Giant Ship"