What's our loading rules? We won't load areas with no player?

Recatek

Meat Popsicle
If nobody is around, it will be "frozen" until somebody shows up to resume simulating it.

MAXD

Veteran endo
If nobody is around, it will be "frozen" until somebody shows up to resume simulating it.
So if I rent a place in Mega station for my own factory and I wasn't there but a stranger passed by, it will continue working for a movement until the stranger get away ,right?

kevinTOC

Active endo
So if I rent a place in Mega station for my own factory and I wasn't there but a stranger passed by, it will continue working for a movement until the stranger get away ,right?
I dunno what they called it, but if there's no one within a 2km radius of something (for instance a factory), then it will freeze, and no longer simulate physics. So, if anyone is within 2km of your factory, your factory will run as long as that player is within range. Otherwise, it'll freeze and stop simulating.

Personally, I don't like it, but it's a necessary evil to run the game properly. Maybe somewhere in the future they'll find a way that makes this redundant, though I doubt it.

CalenLoki

Master endo
If the station is really a megastation, most likely there is someone nearby to simulate it 24/7.

Dev stations may also get simulated by dev server.

They also considered headless client that would allow using your PC or server to load specific place without bothering with graphics.

ST2005

Learned-to-sprint endo
Factory in mega station in rental lot is best way for factory business - your factory is always active(most the time, I mean), it's protected(if at rental lot) and convenient. In my opinion, that is*

MAXD

Veteran endo
Factory in mega station in rental lot is best way for factory business - your factory is always active(most the time, I mean), it's protected(if at rental lot) and convenient. In my opinion, that is*
I'm willing to rent a place for factory in mega station if I can afford the cost. Maybe I can't at the beginning but my most important one in later stage must be inside of the mega station! XD

So we won't pay for a better view or what ,just pay the bloody expensive rent for an autofactory that will never stop , because everyone who just pass by will activate it and keep it busy forever. Thats so ...non-romantic bro.

kevinTOC

Active endo
This design is to reduce the amount of calculation. At this stage, computers cannot simulate a truly dynamic universe. Let's back off.
I'd disagree. It'd be just extremely expensive to get the hardware. Probably too expensive for Frozenbyte. Also, I'm pretty sure Quantum computers can do it, but it's impractical for gaming.

This may also be useful, I think if you can write an auto-report program with YOLOL, you can know remotely if someone has passed there. This device is usually static, does not consume electricity, and can be hidden in the meteorite without being found. I think it is a good warning device!