Whats your Ideal spaceship design for you, and waht will it do??

HarrisonB1210

Learned-to-sprint endo
My spaceship design is a miner like the hauler but with extra storage and soon a massive amount of storage, I want my mining runs to be long but VERY profitable, although I may need to work on my ship designing skills which I do not mind spending hours on, its fun to do that! how about all of you? what's your ideal spaceship?

Building a huge cargo ship will be awesome, I'm just not sure about the top speed that ships can travel at- that might dampen the fun of shipping long-distance.

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
I am not sure what my first custom ship will look like, it will be heavily influenced by my play style which I is hard to say would be until after I have started playing.
Most likely my ship would be multi role, being able to be used for mining and salvage runs and also defend if needed. I like to conceal my armament so might look harmless until you attack me, then your ship becomes more salvage for me.

Quinc

Well-known endo
I have a dream of at one point or another being the player who designed the smallest ship in the game and the largest. Though getting the former will probably be easier. I figure you could still have basic steering with only three rear pointing maneuvering thrusters, 1 small fuel tank, 1 battery, a pilot seat with a slider and 3-5 buttons. The ship I use the most will probably be a fast cargo-lock beam medium asteroid hauler. Four arms, each with a box thruster, surround the cargo, attached to a cabin in front. If attacked I can drop the cargo while still flying forward. Maybe have a rear firing missile launcher so they have an extra something to think about while dodging the rock.

not sure yet on how hostile the universe will be but I do want to start out with a medium sized miner. later on id like to build a long distance armed freighter and hire some crew for trips to and from stations, mining and buying/selling materials. I hear prices are different at each station but I don't know if its enough to profit off of yet

A large supply ship with a tractor beam to carry large amounts of supplies between places. Maybe a few turrets for safety.

CalenLoki

Master endo
I have a dream of at one point or another being the player who designed the smallest ship in the game and the largest. Though getting the former will probably be easier. I figure you could still have basic steering with only three rear pointing maneuvering thrusters, 1 small fuel tank, 1 battery, a pilot seat with a slider and 3-5 buttons. The ship I use the most will probably be a fast cargo-lock beam medium asteroid hauler. Four arms, each with a box thruster, surround the cargo, attached to a cabin in front. If attacked I can drop the cargo while still flying forward. Maybe have a rear firing missile launcher so they have an extra something to think about while dodging the rock.
A pilot seat and THREE! thrusters? Why so big?
Just one thruster, one button, no chair... and it flies forward.
If you want to turn, just pick it up and point in the right direction.

I want to make the ultimate mining barge =)

I saw that you can have things that rotate, so I want to do that with a circle shape with tractor beams and lasers facing inward towards eachother. Then have it spin and mine an asteroid. Then it possible using yolo, have the ship eject the basic material while keeping the good stuff.

3 man crewed mining barge with 2 smaller ships held in place by tractor beams for the use of scouting around for the best mining spots. I don't know how feasible it is but it's what my brothers and I have been discussing and we hope to get close to.

Joshua

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I think my first ship will be a star fighter/ miner with crew space for two. Later I would like to make a carrier that can hold two star fighters in each along with weapon systems for defense. Expected crew for the second ship would likely be 4 to 6. that is counting min amount of weapon manning and pilots for star fighters. The larger ship design to me seems a little to hard to defend.

Hello there, I want build one man medium large mining/cargo ship for long star trips between stations. But before that I want do some experimental builds in Starbase ship editor. For fun and for education. Really love potential of Yolol. Remind me Basic from '80.

I been trying to figure out its viability with discord crew - but a ship with a appendage that could function in the event of the ship being partially destroyed would be really cool - kinda in the way that the enterprise's disk can seperate in a emergency situation ,

Pushing that as far it could go would be really fun , especially for a solo player - to have a essentially escape ship that has some of your best loot that you could if needed abandon the majority of the vessel and just flake out.

Kodey

Veteran endo
A research vessel! My idea vessel would a vessel meant for extremely long flights, and would have the basics (Comfort areas, cargo, fuel/energy efficient, and home like)

CalenLoki

Master endo
A research vessel! My idea vessel would a vessel meant for extremely long flights, and would have the basics (Comfort areas, cargo, fuel/energy efficient, and home like)
Description sounds like space camper van, not an research vessel.
What kind of research would you like to do with it?

Kodey

Veteran endo
Description sounds like space camper van, not an research vessel.
What kind of research would you like to do with it?
That’s actually more accurate. I love the idea of just getting in a ship and going to some far off place, like a moon.