Where are the asteroids?

I have played this game on release, but due to lag, bugs and RL I quit playing, to return later. I never even finished the tutorial, so I played for a really short time.

Now I have returned and, most players at the starterbases have disappeared, but so have most asteroids in the safe zone. I have to consistently fly over 40km in the slow ass laborer to get to the asteroidfield and when I get there, I only find ice containing vokarium. Very occasionally I find a valkite rock with bastium, but that's about it.

I intend to buy a premade ship, but after over 13 hours of gameplay I still I cannot get the ore required. I do not have the money to buy the missing ore since I need all the money to buy propellant to get out to where the asteroids are and even if I had the money, the minerals I need are not on the market.

Please tell me the devs did not make the mistake of NOT respawning low tier asteroids in this MMO....

I am basically stuck in the started ship, in the safe zone due to lack of asteroids...

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
There was a large asteroid respawn a week ago. The most respawns happened to a straight line away from each origin station towards the belt.

Vorg

Well-known endo
Depends on the direction you take. Can be hard getting exactly the right path. I look for a patch of roids before heading out and try to aim for that, but they seem to be fake. As I get closer, they vanish.

The further away you go from the station the more asteroids there are to mine. When the game launched, the closest asteroids to the station were the first ones to get mined but now we have to venture deeper into the belt.
I usually do runs that are about 30km from Origin7 and I find all the ore and crystals I need