Why a wipe after EA may actually be bad for newbies and the game

Messir Astaroth

Well-known endo
You know the game is in alpha and not even in ea and why should you have advantages over new players? It's a game and not your god given right to accumulate wealth just to triumph over new players later.
If it is not possible for you to play the game fairly you are welcome to uninstall it. No one on the planet would have a problem with that.
What 'wealth' are you talking about? Im not talking about 'hey, dont wipe our credits' and such. Also I cant figure our how I can 'triumph' over the new players by providing them a lot of good ships, that THEY can use the way they want. You probably should not post before you properly read and understand what people mean.

It is clear that if the BPs and shops are saved in the game - it is the new players who will have advantage, not us. It is them, who will have better and more exciting start with the ship shops, not us. We already had it. And we will have more experience anyway, so that is already an 'unfair' advantage that actually WILL matter. But the shops, the ships, the entire collection of our creations (especially the newbie-friendly ships) - MUST BE available to the new players at the very beginning. Because there will be a lot of them, who will rather prefer to buy a new ship straight away, than have to construct their own. This is what Starbase is about anyway.

I cant even imagine how much of everything the Starbase will permanently lose, if we just wipe the blueprints and ship shops. It is like erasing our whole history and culture. We should not suffer from such a permanent loss. And the community (including the new players) should not suffer from that loss and emptyness either.

If they wipe ships and shops - the ecosystem, the community of Starbase will never fully recover. Our creations - is our treasure, every single one is a masterpiece, how do you expect us to remake all of them after the wipe? It is an impossible task. Some things can be created only once. Should they be wiped - 99% of everything will be lost forever. Why damage the game so badly? Dont do it. Just DONT. It wont help anyone, instead it will harm everyone.

Last edited:

MoonSet416

Well-known endo
You know the game is in alpha and not even in ea and why should you have advantages over new players? It's a game and not your god given right to accumulate wealth just to triumph over new players later.
If it is not possible for you to play the game fairly you are welcome to uninstall it. No one on the planet would have a problem with that.
BP and shipshop are NOT progress. You would still need the same amount of ores to build/buy the same ship as anyone else once EA hits. If BP and/or shipshops are wiped, everyone will just be stuck in SSC for days after EA hits and that defeats the purpose of letting many players in at the same time.

Orlover

Well-known endo
I believe I have personally witnessed the devs say that personal blueprints will not be wiped (they are stored locally anyways, would be childsplay to restore them) If blueprints are not wiped then putting ships back in the ship shop for the builders would also be done completely within an hour of the players logging in with the devs willing.

So why even try to wipe blueprints? What would be the purpose of wiping the ship shop?

Credits? Sure. Ships saved and in the wild? Sure, We could all permanently wreck the economy with how many extra ships we have saved up from events. Those better go. Wipe all that.

Let new players spend the first few days mining with their laborers and drooling over the ships in the ship shops that they are saving up for. Honestly for release we need a ton of new ships in the shops.

The devs, when last I saw, and its been awhile, said they want to allow us to keep those BP's, but at the time, they were unsure if any changes during alpha would cause their BP formats to be noncompatible with EA. That doesn't seem to be the case, so I imagine its a moot issue and we'll be getting them.

Orlover

Well-known endo
The devs, when last I saw, and its been awhile, said they want to allow us to keep those BP's, but at the time, they were unsure if any changes during alpha would cause their BP formats to be noncompatible with EA. That doesn't seem to be the case, so I imagine its a moot issue and we'll be getting them.
Now that I could believe. Seems every patch a whole bunch of ships stop working right for some reason or another.

Still even having a semiborked ship in the ssc builder can be useful and save you a lot of time building. The glass and plating alone *shudder*.

Now that I could believe. Seems every patch a whole bunch of ships stop working right for some reason or another.

Still even having a semiborked ship in the ssc builder can be useful and save you a lot of time building. The glass and plating alone *shudder*.
Just wait until glass becomes a selectable material instead of a part type ;)

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Early Access will start in a fresh universe.

Alpha player blueprints are kept, and possibly transferred to EA universe. This may either happen, not happen or happen with a delay.

We will avoid wipes after EA and do instead precise moderation actions, or if they fail, rollbacks.