Starbase Progress Notes: Week 28 (2021)

AuraFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
Starbase Progress Notes: Week 28 (2021)
July 12th - July 16th

Hello everyone, here are the progress notes of the week 28 of 2021!

Please note that the "Progress Notes" are different from the Starbase Alpha "Patch Notes". Progress Notes are snippets from the development team and what has been worked on during the previous week, and many of the features might not be present in the current or upcoming builds of the Closed Alpha. Some features, especially in the design portion, can be subject to change as the development continues.

Design

Features
  • Blueprint projector
    • Configurations for adjusted asset with blueprint chip support
    • Iterating on design plans to support blueprint filler feature
  • Design for the Capital Ship docks has been refined
  • Improvements for Station Easy Build Mode have been designed
  • Starting Job rewards tweaked to match Early Access economy settings
  • Starting Job weekly reward caps set
  • Crafting data for station parts reworked. A lot more can now be crafted while using less materials.
  • 13 new Easy Build modules for spaceships have been added, including:
    • Modules with batteries
    • Large Propellant Tank modules
    • More Ore Crate modules
Stations and Cities
  • Komatsu (Tier 1) removed from Sunny Ship Center
  • T35-B Initium and Modulus removed from Oki 2 ship shop
  • Moneyman moved from Oki 1 to Oki 2
User Interface
  • Easy Build Mode HUD design has been worked on
In-game Designers
  • Rails and Rail devices are no longer available in the Spaceship Designer. Rails Layer also has been removed.

Code

Gameplay
  • Fixed bolting "boltlessly connecting" components in the Spaceship Designer
  • Fixed Large Generator not using all the power available to it
  • Fixed radiators not working with Large Generator
  • Adding Tripods to the Spaceship Designer has been worked on
  • Implementing the Capital Ship shield generator for fast travel has been worked on
User Interface
  • Increased the input character limit to have more room for certain characters (ó, ä, ö etc.)
In-game Designers
  • Removed the lag spike that occurred when entering the Spaceship Designer or when test flying a ship in a ship shop
  • Scene view window now lists modules in alphabetic order
  • Fixed many module related actions' undo functionality not working
Audio
  • Synchronised Pickaxe hit sounds have been worked on

Art

Animations and Emotes
  • Work on melee running and walking animations continues
  • Sprint animation blending improved when running into and against obstacles, such as walls
Other
  • Fixes to numerous muzzle and hit VFX not attaching correctly at higher velocities
  • Fixes to Tripod Autocannon hits not registering have been worked on
  • Performance improvements for direct Mounted Plasma hits have been worked on
  • Electronics crafting bench has been created
  • Skyscraper stem 4 module interiors have been updated

Gallery

Week28_2021_Starbase_station_foundation_module.jpg Week28_2021_Starbase_crafting_bench_electronics.jpg
Week28_2021_Starbase_Materialtest_001.jpg

Videos

Kenetor

Master endo
nice!
Finally the subpar version is GONE! all the editing of my ship was driving me nuts!
Whoever thought rearranging my cockpit and adding random stuff was a good idea didn't know what the hell they were doing, basically ruined the ship.
Still highly disappointing Frozenbyte wouldn't accept the base version that I have in the K-Bot ship shop though, it's fully buildable from the safe zone mats.

Last edited:

Zaff

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
> Capital ship docks
So presumably a station needs to build that before a CapShip can be built?

Last edited:

ZatriX

Learned-to-sprint endo
  • Crafting data for station parts reworked. A lot more can now be crafted while using less materials.
Lol, all those long mining hours ))

Senkii

Well-known endo
> Capital ship docks
So presumably a station needs to build that before a CapShipbcan be built or what is its purpose?
Yea, that was known from the start :D

Cool stuff, station-related updates are always welcome ^^

runzik

Well-known endo
Really nice update I loved the event yesterday good work on fixing the freezing I didn't get any freezing or lag spikes

nice!
Finally the subpar version is GONE! all the editing of my ship was driving me nuts!
Whoever thought rearranging my cockpit and adding random stuff was a good idea didn't know what the hell they were doing, basically ruined the ship.
Still highly disappointing Frozenbyte wouldn't accept the base version that I have in the K-Bot ship shop though, it's fully buildable from the safe zone mats.
Stop pouting... its pathetic

Kodey

Veteran endo
nice!
And yeah, it’s a real shame to see these purpose built starter ships be mutilated and put on the sunny ship Center. Whoever’s doing these edits really needs to start talking to the people who make the ships more.