PTU Update 19.11.2021 (PTU Build 723)

KaiFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
PTU Update 19.11.2021 (PTU Build 723)

New Features and Major Updates
  • Players now drop their inventories in boxes after dying or insurance transferring (does not include armor sets)
Capital Ships

• Fixed supply conduit module snapping issues
Company
  • Deleting company owner will set someone else as company owner
Devices
  • Fixed an issue with handheld Paint Tool secondary action (Mouse 2) not working on some items
  • Fixed an issue with handheld Paint Tool painting differently compared to the Ship Designer Paint Tool
Easy Build Mode
  • Easy Build Mode is now enabled if a module of a correct type is selected from quickbar inside an Easy Build Mode area
Easy Build Mode - Stations
  • Fixed an issue where area component budget UI was not being shown while in a Factory Hall Area
Factory Hall Areas
  • Fixed issues where players could manipulate Factory Hall Area contents without access to the Area
  • Fixed an issue causing the chat message for Easy Build Mode enabled not being shown while inside Factory Hall Areas
Gameplay
  • Players now drop their inventories in boxes after dying or insurance transferring (does not include armor sets)
  • Fixed an issue where excess Ore disappeared when stacking Ore from container to Station Storage
  • Fixed an issue where transferring Ore to full Station Storage caused the Ore to stack on top of itself
  • Improved grabbing zoom logic
  • Unified visuals and behavior of items in quickbar regardless if dragged from inventory or crafting tab
Player Stations
  • Fixed an issue where the player could not connect modules from the founding area to the expansion areas from the whole area
Ship Designer
  • Thruster Exhaust visualization now available
Weapons
  • Fixed an issue where Tripod zoom stayed on when leaving a Tripod without player gravity changing
  • Changed Tripods to be placeable on objects inside Factory Hall Areas
  • Remote Explosives now combine with other nearby explosives when detonating
  • Fixed a visual issue where player's hands were visible while on a Tripod on a fast moving ship
PTU Only
  • Fixed controls UI and Integrity Check button overlap
  • Fixed an issue where Moon Base Foundation Modules could be dig out of the planet
  • Fixed an issue causing Ore Veins to duplicate themselves when multiple players were nearby
  • Added a Public Test Universe only category in Ship Designer

Last edited:
In before Kenator. :p

Frozenbyte, please don't implement inventory loss until you first implement inventory crates. Don't remove a game mechanic if you don't have a reliable replacement for it. :) Bolting on weapons and ammo or other items is not a reliable replacement at this time. Now you want us to rely more on it? Please hold off on inventory loss until we get inventory crates or some other reliable method of transporting additional inventory along with our ships and reconstruction machines.

Might be worth it to also consider a mechanic to enable one to retain their inventory on respawn to a reconstruction machine, to make re-equipping during a battle easier. If not, then some sort of method to save and call up inventory loadouts would help here if you still want soldiers in battle to lose their stuff on death but get re-equipped quickly for battle. Just remember whatever you do, these ideas all need to be considered together and pushed as a package and not one by one, unless you want to jack up the annoyance factor with each update, heh.

Thanks for all your hard work so far!

Last edited:

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
Deleting company owner will set someone else as company owner
Who exactly gets ownership? this kinda sounds like its random.
EDIT: This doesnt appear to work, as I cant unset myself from owner to delete the role, nor can the owner leave, nor can I assign owner to a new user. This particular feature is of critical importance to me in LIVE because my account is broken as a company leader, and technically I am not in the owner rank there, but seem to have client permissions to override faction roles in the corp. (most things work, but not all)
Easy Build Mode is now enabled if a module of a correct type is selected from quickbar inside an Easy Build Mode area
This is great, disabling automatically would be fantastic too for switching to stationplates.
EDIT: This change is actually quite frustrating as it doesnt change you back off when deslecting.
Thruster Exhaust visualization now available
<3 is all I can say, THANK YOU.
EDIT: As far as i can tell, the render is CLOSE, but wrong for triangle thrusters. I can go inside the orange slightly with no ill effects, the boundaries are slightly off.

Last edited:

*FS*

Well-known endo
Players now drop their inventories in boxes after dying or insurance transferring (does not include armor sets)
That's just if they die? Not the same if your using transfers to get around stations and market?
Love you FB keep up the awesome job!

Last edited:

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
In before Kenator. :p

Frozenbyte, please don't implement inventory loss until you first implement inventory crates. Don't remove a game mechanic if you don't have a reliable replacement for it. :) Bolting on weapons and ammo or other items is not a reliable replacement at this time. Now you want us to rely more on it? Please hold off on inventory loss until we get inventory crates or some other reliable method of transporting additional inventory along with our ships and reconstruction machines.

Might be worth it to also consider a mechanic to enable one to retain their inventory on respawn to a reconstruction machine, to make re-equipping during a battle easier. If not, then some sort of method to save and call up inventory loadouts would help here if you still want soldiers in battle to lose their stuff on death but get re-equipped quickly for battle. Just remember whatever you do, these ideas all need to be considered together and pushed as a package and not one by one, unless you want to jack up the annoyance factor with each update, heh.

Thanks for all your hard work so far!
That's the plan, we'll either do not add it to live or wait until inventory v2 (and item crates) are done.

Loadouts and automatic pocketing of stuff when using respawn stations to transfer have been thought, but they will be in later versions.

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
That's just if they die? Not the same if your using transfers to get around stations and market?
You do NOT loose if if you transfer within the same safezone, IE from market to the ship designer.
If you transfer from your station safezone to another station safezone you DO loose it.

*FS*

Well-known endo
That's the plan, we'll either do not add it to live or wait until inventory v2 (and item crates) are done.

Loadouts and automatic pocketing of stuff when using respawn stations to transfer have been thought, but they will be in later versions.
So will the new creates be able to have both items and ores or will it be two separate creates is what i've been really wanting to know?

So will the new creates be able to have both items and ores or will it be two separate creates is what i've been really wanting to know?

Don't know if this has changed or not, but last time details on this came up, the plan as discussed had an "omni storage" crate, which purported to carry whatever you wanted but at a reduced volume capacity.

So the concept seems to be that you can choose to 'specialize' in order to carry a bunch of stuff, or generalize and keep it flexible, or some mix of the two.

I suspect pretty strongly that at least some amount of 'general purpose' cargo will become mandatory in every design - it's just too handy. Could carry all kinds of stuff, tools, spare parts, fast travel core, etc.

There were also talks about requiring large crate to fit large objects. So you'd use more space to keep FTC in crates than to just have it mounted. Plus the added mass of the crates.

I mean I don't think it's an option that would make sense as like a design alternative, but I can see a ton of situations where it would make more sense to carry those parts in crates on an existing design without an FTC.