[new] Like Button Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Now I see where the Disagree button would work well...

Mate stop spamming your silly like / dislike. I feel in 2019 you have something more to do then make 100 topics on the same subject. Only if @EllaFB could make a feedback thread and keep it there.

Kimsemus

Well-known endo
Now I see where the Disagree button would work well...

Mate stop spamming your silly like / dislike. I feel in 2019 you have something more to do then make 100 topics on the same subject. Only if @EllaFB could make a feedback thread and keep it there.
You've followed him into two threads to dunk on him for trying to get feedback on a popular idea.

Cool your jets.

Vloshko

Well-known endo
First you complained about the old-poll (in the discussion thread):

This whole thread / poll is hardcore bias. First off your only option is like/dislike or agree/disagree not just like.... Then there is the center option that almost says I'm a little ***** click this to vote.

Sorry but this is not a fair poll and @EllaFB not to be rude but, do your own polls so this does not happen again.
Which is perfectly fine and you are correct about everything above. You may read my response to you in that thread here. The only part I disagree with is that FB should be the only ones creating polls. Mistakes were made yes, but I think it may be understandable considering what I said in that other thread to you.

Alongside something someone else said in that thread, I decided I gave the wrong impression with my initial poll, even though it aligned with my intentions at the time. So here is the poll revised in the way it should have originally been presented. My apologies for that trash first poll.

Which brings me to:
Mate stop spamming your silly like / dislike...
If you want to complain to be heard, that's fine and I hear you. I'm trying to be helpful so I created a solution to a few similar complaints that were accompanied by suggestions for poll revision.

Last edited:

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Sorry but your not doing a good job at it. You might feel like you are but it's just becoming a hot mess lol.

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
Why does there need to be multiple polls for the same topic? Why does this topic need to stretch across multiple threads?
Why are you using an external, exploitable and editable platform- when you have a biased response to the poll you've created?

Edit: I see now, I was that disinterested in the poll that I didn't even read it- I notice now that you provided completely biased options and were begging the question.
A follow-up poll should not be conducted on an external medium, as mentioned above.

I'm trying to be helpful so I created a solution to a few similar complaints that were accompanied by suggestions for poll revision.
Create a new poll on this website, then.

Quit being a dick.
He said something truthful that you didn't agree with, suck it up buttercup and don't be a jerk to other users.

Last edited:

Vloshko

Well-known endo
...Why are you using an external, exploitable and editable platform- when you have a biased response to the poll you've created?...

Edit: ...
A follow-up poll should not be conducted on an external medium, as mentioned above.
The forum poll is just as exploitable, if you can create multiple emails you can create multiple forum accounts. I have it setup to limit one response.
Beyond that, it relies on the same trust factor that the forum poll inherently uses. I could have set the option to record email addresses, but that informs the person that they are being recorded. This would negate the attempt to make it non-exploitable, as the exploiters can easily adapt to make themselves blend in more.

Someone might say that the forum poll is better because it shows the name and ties it to a profile with more information than an email address. To which I would argue that the forums are brand new, the game isn't out yet, and players interested for any reason may create a profile and the first thing they do is vote in a poll. Which provides no "other" data when referring to their profile to help determine if they are using it for distorting results.

However being able to view the data collected as charts and with finer details via google sheet (automatic input), this external form allows for more depth when analyzing results. For Instance if we see 10 results in a five minute period of time that has all the same answers, it may support the analysts' reasoning to conclude that 9/10 of those results are from the same person-- That is not my concern, FB can analyze however they wish, if at all; I'm merely collecting the information.

In addition, read this and that.

Last edited:

Morrgard

Master endo

Click here to view the discussion.​

Anonymous results will be shared on the 26th of August 2019.​

I think this could reasonably be solved by having only one poll and one topic so correct the mistake and make the new poll & topic in the right thread? Also preferably an in-forum poll rather than something external?

This whole thread / poll is hardcore bias. First off your only option is like/dislike or agree/disagree not just like.... Then there is the center option that almost says I'm a little ***** click this to vote.

Sorry but this is not a fair poll and @EllaFB not to be rude but, do your own polls so this does not happen again.

Sorry but your not doing a good job at it. You might feel like you are but it's just becoming a hot mess lol.

Could you calm down with the harsh sentences and perhaps write something more constructive rather? I believe it would be generally appreciated

EDIT: Don't have to comment onto other members behaviours in the same way either and instead try constructive feedback,

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
The forum poll is just as exploitable, if you can create multiple emails you can create multiple forum accounts. In addition, read this and that.
Not to nearly the same effect.

There are plenty of online resources (even on sites like GitHub) for automated google account creation via free proxies. At least if people attempted to create lots of new accounts here for the sole purpose of a Poll- you can easily detect that. Mainly due to the fact that they'd be participating in a poll regarding a forum they have not even engaged with.

Kimsemus

Well-known endo

There are plenty of online resources (even on sites like GitHub) for automated google account creation via free proxies. At least if people attempted to create lots of new accounts here for the sole purpose of a Poll- you can easily detect that. Mainly due to the fact that they'd be participating in a poll regarding a forum they have not even engaged with.
yeah definitely

people are definitely going to do this to skew the vote on a poll for a feature on a forum for a game not even out yet

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
yeah definitely

people are definitely going to do this to skew the vote on a poll for a feature on a forum for a game not even out yet
Just because something seems improbable does not make it impossible- I request that you don't reply to any of my posts unless you have something relevant to add.

Vloshko

Well-known endo
I think this could reasonably be solved by having only one poll and one topic so correct the mistake and make the new poll & topic in the right thread? Also preferably an in-forum poll rather than something external?
I can't edit the original poll from the discussion thread. So I made a new one. In regard to my reasoning behind using an external poll please click here.

Vloshko

Well-known endo
note: I edited my response to you above with more details.

Check out this comment by [H] MeisterKeen
as a public example of why your following statement:
"At least if people attempted to create lots of new accounts here for the sole purpose of a Poll- you can easily detect that."
is illogical. Privately, I have friends who have had all their typical variations of their names taken.

NOTE: sorry for the different font, I didn't take the time to figure out the default font, to correct an error.

Recatek

Meat Popsicle
Closing this thread as it has derailed rather quickly and there is already plenty of discussion on the topic.
As requested by FB, please use this thread for forum feature suggestions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.