Forum suggestions? Post it to this thread!

EllaFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
Please use this thread to post any forum suggestions you might have. Remember to check out the thread before posting. We have also gathered the suggestions we're looking into into this first message. Conversation about suggested features is always welcome.

All separate forum related suggestion threads will be locked (or deleted). The first post below this one includes the links to the suggestions that were made before this thread was started.

Suggestions that we'll look into soon
  • Signature size limit (temporary restrictions at the moment)
  • Rules and Wiki tab next to Home-Forums-What's new tabs (Link the Forum with the Wiki as well)
Suggestions that we'll look into soonish
  • Light grey color of the cursor in editor (hard to see)
  • Possibility of adding more smileys
  • Auto merging double post / adding some rule to forbid it
  • XenForo copyright text says 2018
  • Not possible to edit polls
  • Gifs from giphy don't show-up correctly
  • Allow members to quote locked forums. Currently not possible to quote forum patch notes or forum rules.
List of other things that have been suggested
  • Downvote possibility (aka. respectfully disagree eg. on game suggestions)
  • Comment that captcha asks us to confirm that we're not robots when signing to the forums (oops)
  • Adding regions to recruitment post (Is there a possibility to use a thread prefix with Xenforo)
  • Audio alerts to new messages
  • Is the forum post count necessary?

Last edited:

Morrgard

Master endo
There are multiple people creating more accounts to like their own posts at the moment, for instance, I've seen there are a few "meister keen" "meisterkeen" etc and they keep liking posts from other accounts.

EllaFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
Don't forget about more smilies :)
Almost forgot about those as I marked that one to our internal archives. Added it to the list here as well. ;)
There are multiple people creating more accounts to like their own posts at the moment, for instance, I've seen there are a few "meister keen" "meisterkeen" etc and they keep liking posts from other accounts.
Not sure if the "like" feature is even useful in general, looking into this.

I'm being impersonated! Haha

Apparently someone thought it would be funny to make a bunch of "MeisterKeen" accounts.

Can't be too mad at em (it IS funny), but you might wanna cull the fakes

Morrgard

Master endo
I'm being impersonated! Haha

Apparently someone thought it would be funny to make a bunch of "MeisterKeen" accounts.

Can't be too mad at em (it IS funny), but you might wanna cull the fakes
People are only supposed to have an account each, otherwise, I believe it would count to the circumvention bit on the rules. May want to assist the developers in pointing out the accounts that are not your's

(as in so that you get the name you want to have unless you already have it now. I'm not sure if they just made other versions of you're name)

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Both of these are listed above in the developer's to-do list. There are a multitude of things suggested they are looking into, read the main post to see what they are :D
I assume we can give our feedback here.

Not a fan of Dislike / Downvote honestly besides maybe a special suggestion forum section where it displays say the votes on the page view of the section and only for suggestions lets say.

Honestly reddit already exists for people who want to vote them. On forums they have 0 Impact besides making people into jerks and honestly if I can downvote people I might as well downvote everyone as I want to be fair and equal :p

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Suggestion:
Can everyone Change their Rank like Well-known member or can you remove the ability for special users to change theirs. I noticed a lot of people instead of being called Moderator or following the normal ranking system to using it to advertise their faction, etc. This be a great feature for all not some.

Thanks.

Vampiricdust

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Put the likes back! By this I mean the ability to like posts. It's a good way to show support of a post without having to spam, "I agree".

Last edited:

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
The suggestion of likes, post count, etc was mostly towards leaderboard section when you click the member list. Likes still exist it was not removed at this point so it's not really impressive the way it was done. It's more the fact you have a spam challenge mechanic on the forums like leadboards is the problem.

Also 120 second cooldown to post? A bit much?

Vloshko

Well-known endo
I suggest bringing the "like" button back. Remove the "like leaderboard" and all-but-one other "like counters". How many "likes" someone has received should only show and be comment specific related; alongside the users who liked it. Like it was originally (pun intended).

Azelous

Veteran endo
I think the like and dislike button only serve to represent multiple people backing or condemning a specific point of view. Unlike Reddit, forums take a lot of vertical space (especially with signatures), making a very long read. I personally really don't like having a like or dislike button, but it would simplify communication on the forums if I could just like someone's comment instead of making my own to show that I agree with them. I would only add likes, as dislikes can create a war where two sides try to dislike each other into ground.