Some QOL clan/guild/faction management tools

Tumbla

Well-known endo
So an issue i have seen with other games is that you are not allowed to really manage and maintain your in game guild/faction. Some problems i see is that there sometimes seems to be a very limited Guild/Faction management UI. A bad UI, leads to poor in game management of the guild, spies, guilds being inside'd and a poor overall experience.
These suggestion i think would help improve overall experience of players and guild leaders, aswell as improve group play within the game:
  1. Total member count in guild menu
  2. Last time a member was online
  3. Customization of individual member ranks in the guild, from name of the rank to permissions each individual rank has. (ex: has access to storage, only view storage access, access to guild coffer, etc.)
  4. Guild Bank/Guild coffer that everyone has deposit access too, and option to choose who has withdrawal permission with a max daily withdrawal amount
  5. Storage Labels ( to be able to name certain storage containers so we know whats inside of them)
  6. Shared storage, permission so you can choose who has access to your storage from: Entire guild, certain players, or no one, etc
  7. Storage logs, and guild logs. To be able to see what changes were made to the guild, or who took items/put items in a storage
  8. Shared rental plots for guilds in starter zones, so guilds can use those until they start building their own bases/ stations
Non management suggestions:
  1. Alliance system: A system that lets you add players to a player faction alliance, a way to see differentiate alliance players and guild members from other individual players.
  2. A group system, of 5 people works out good but i do not think its the best for large scale open world MMOs that have open world combat. A Group/Raid system of 20 players, seems to be the magic number with a way to set group/raid leaders where you can mark that player so he is easier to spot.
  3. In order to somehow limit, zerg factions some sort of limit to membership in a faction, maybe 50-100?

That's just some of the stuff id like too see in game for guild management, as im assuming player factions/guilds will be a big thing in the game, I really hope the game can handle large scale combat, because if its truly an open world MMO, with open in a single shared server factions will not stay small and eventually as more groups form up and zerg guilds join the game smaller groups will band together either merging factions or starting alliances.

Let me know what you think, do we need more QOL options?

Last edited:

Tumbla

Well-known endo
Artificial limitations on max player number is not only pointless, but also extremely easy to work around. It just leads to Rambo1, Rambo2, Rambo 56...
Yeh you could make more factions affiliated with your main one, but from other games ive learned that it is harder to micro manage. Rambo 1 rambo 2 rambo 3, more officers to micro manage all the different ingame storages, bases etc.

Guedez

Learned-to-sprint endo
Are you suggesting to make something absolutely hell to manage in a thread where you ask for QOL things?

Tumbla

Well-known endo
Are you suggesting to make something absolutely hell to manage in a thread where you ask for QOL things?