Rental lot clarification

Verbatos

Veteran endo
I understand the basics of the rental lots, blue is unowned, red is owned, green is owned by you, but if you do not own a lot, can you move through it or run your ship through? If you couldn't freely move through rental lots, what if you stowaway on someone else's ship and they drive back through their rental lot? Would their ship just be stopped or would you be allowed in?

CalenLoki

Master endo
My guess (or how I'd do this): rental lot borders are not physically blocking characters or constructs. They just mark the area where owner has much higher rights than everyone else. I.e. he can build and dismantle ships, kill (even within megastation safe zone), ect.

Invisible walls are just bad.

sweer

Active endo
The new feature video titled "Starbase - Stations feature video" Shows that if the lot you rented is in a safezone you can not pvp, you can fly ships through other peoples plots and not damage anything. If you are NOT in a safezone then there is pvp you can still fly through peoples lots but you do damage stuff if you run into them and there is pvp.

Burnside

Master endo
That seems like a mess waiting to happen, it seems like it'd just be smarter to keep non-damage on while in a safezone but keep crashing/obstacles in place, otherwise you'd need a big context clue for when safezone turns off- even then, people will be trained to fly freely through lots and wind up unintentionally crashing anyways.

The new feature video titled "Starbase - Stations feature video" Shows that if the lot you rented is in a safezone you can not pvp, you can fly ships through other peoples plots and not damage anything. If you are NOT in a safezone then there is pvp you can still fly through peoples lots but you do damage stuff if you run into them and there is pvp.
Seems about right, the question is... Would one be able to remove someone from their plot/location if they are being a bit of a nuisance? I mean imagine someone trying to work on their ship, and another player just parks right on their plot mid construction, what do you do then? Thats one of my big concerns, though it may not happen often, it can still happen.

CalenLoki

Master endo
@Dragon my solution would be allowing option to damage intruders inside your plot.

And if that's not implemented, then build a hangar for your construction, and just lock the door.

Unlucky

Seems about right, the question is... Would one be able to remove someone from their plot/location if they are being a bit of a nuisance? I mean imagine someone trying to work on their ship, and another player just parks right on their plot mid construction, what do you do then? Thats one of my big concerns, though it may not happen often, it can still happen.
If I was a betting man I'd say there will be a force field on a toggle that:
1) Prevents people from entering your plot
2) Kicks people and removes their ships/craft/etc. left within your space
3) Allows those people to reclaim their ships from the shipyard without paying insurance fees.

That way people can be left alone if they like, nobody is getting shot at in a safe zone, and if someone accidentally parks their ship and it gets removed they can reclaim it for free.