A Pirate or Exiles station

Amos.37

What do players think about stations being made either by pirates (already a few factions planning this sort of thing) or exiles?
The idea of exiles really just depends how faction relations work, and whether once a player gets a bad rep, if other factions want to take them in... if the player with said bad rep even wants to join a faction.
But I'm wondering what a station that specifically caters to the "Scum and Villainy" of SB would look like?
Would anyone even go there? Or would everyone just stay away because of the risk and bad rep, including other pirates/exiles?
Would the station just get taken over by a pirate group and become closed to everyone?
I guess this question also links in to the "Free Station" discussion. But instead of what would a station without rules look like, what would a station specifically run by "criminal" players look like?

Stanky

Honestly this would be pretty cool. Though I'm not quite sure how one would be set up. A station like that could be advertised as a place without Empire or Kingdom or any governing body. So it would draw in people doing un-desirable activities. This would be like mercenaries, bounty hunters, and the black market. Which I believe it is illegal for non-kingdom/empire players to own empire/kingdom ships. So they could become a hive for that kind of stuff.

Though there might be some kind of common courtesy thing where you don't shoot everyone on sight or get shot yourself. idk

Splashcat

. This would be like mercenaries, bounty hunters, and the black market. Which I believe it is illegal for non-kingdom/empire players to own empire/kingdom ships. So they could become a hive for that kind of stuff.
Wouldn't this just lead to Kingdom/Empire raids?

Tumbla

I think that's where the sandbox aspect comes in, if players want to build something like this go at it. Would definitely add more content, would pirates and exiles follow the rules set by the managers of the station, or would they get raided by the bounty hunters and lawmen looking to spread their justice?

PopeUrban

Wouldn't this just lead to Kingdom/Empire raids?
Only if the station was within their sphere of influence or had something valuable or tactically important. There's really no point in raiding a neutral station if it takes six hours to get to in the ass end of the solar system and does't have anything you want.

Best way to set this up would just be for the station owners to set up an independent faction for the station. This would allow them to track people who violate the rules (for example lets say the rules say "no shooting each other on the station or within 2000 km") and adjust their reputation.

If stations have forms of automated defenses you could just use that to enforce whatever the station rules are, or just lock out people who have violated the rules from using any of the services or respawn terminals.