Capital Ships FAQ

Croomar

Learned-to-sprint endo
with a station there is no all endos have to be present or will be left behind in case of Warp Jump problem
just imagine someone can't make it to the jump and will be left 36000km behind... (just let me say this, I flew to 2 moons and it's not exactly fun to get up at 4 am to change the rods and adjust the prop tanks and stuff and not once, but for days^^)
as long as there is no attach Endo to jumping ship that could pose a slight problem, one you wouldn't have with a station
Right, but then you could also have a Civ CS which you simply don't move at all and it would still be worth more than a station due to being invincible.

The civilian capital ships being pretty much invincible is a problem for sure. I'm willing to wait on more details and perhaps restrictions beyond being unable to warp into the belt. Which, to be fair guys, is fairly limiting. Most stations will likely be in the belt, and an in belt station can't get surrounded by the CivCS's at all.

Kodey

Veteran endo
It's a great thing to hear that we can build capital ships from scratch, but! What does the designer look like? Will we have the same freedom as the normal SSC, or do we need to only have X amount of angles (90, 45, 30, 15), or can we have more "heretical" angles?

shado20

Veteran endo
"Starbase is a hybrid voxel/vertex-based space MMO with a fully destructible and infinitely expanding universe, with a focus on building and designing spaceships and stations, exploration, resource gathering, crafting, trading, and combat. "

I feel this change in the game is a total betrayal of what they have been offering for a game till now. now I'm upset I have spent so much time reading and waiting for this game when I can jest go back to playing dual universe if I wanted a safe place to play!

Verbatos

Veteran endo
I'm honestly not a fan of seeing a permanently invulnerable ship being made available, I feel that ships like these are ripe for abuse and will not be used how I assume you intend them to be used, a mobile base for those who don't want to fight, but instead, as a portable safezone for anyone to just fly straight into danger with and get out scot-free.

I also think that military capitols having safezones is also a bad idea, the way you describe it, it sounds like it would LITERALLY make them invulnerable to anyone poorer than them.
So what is being implied is that big factions can have invulnerable moving bases that nobody can attack unless they themselves can afford a massive ship of the same size as the one they are fighting... which costs 10x more than a station.

Edit: I just came up with a potential solution to fix abuse: force the capitols to drop shields/safety while warping or flying, and only have them turn on again when the ship becomes idle.
This would mean that people can reliably have their ship protected from offline raids while they are asleep, at work, etc. But players wouldn't just be able to go where they please with their great big indestructible ship.

Last edited:
Guys, I do think we all should recognize that all of this is open to change, and them telling us now will make it so we can all work together to make a better mechanic.

shado20

Veteran endo
first off, CAPITAL SHIPS ARE NOT SHIPS!
they are stations that blink out of 1 place and blink into another place. they do not fly!
military ships sound ok ish as there may be a way to kill one.
but non destructible privet player stations that move are not acceptable, and WILL be used and abused as how anyone assume they should be!

Kodey

Veteran endo
they are stations that blink out of 1 place and blink into another place. they do not fly!
Yeah that’s a downside, but I imagine it’s for performance. But we’ll have to wait and see how it goes when they’re eventually added. I feel like it’ll be a bitter sweet thing.

shado20

Veteran endo
the Military Ships attacking stations, this is not the main problem. but the game play that you have sold us on this 2 years i have been waiting and watching is of an MMO with a fully destructible and infinitely expanding universe, with a focus on building and designing spaceships and stations, exploration, resource gathering, crafting, trading, and combat. games have a risk-vs-reward in getting anywhere.
but the Civilian Capital Ships(movable station) is not with in this fully destructible and combat part of the game. it should be only able to stay in safe-zone...
the spirit of the game you have sold us on over these years is a someone makes a station and brings in the community. being in a larger clan over the years we see the importance of having "renters" in our territory, the same applies to this game. if faction "A" has a station, it is to there best interest to invite other smaller factions in to "rent" or "pay tax" to live and work out of there station, faction "A" provides security and maintained the station hub, this creates community and gives stations more of a role than just 1 factions base. but this Civilian Capital Ships flies in opposition to everything you have sold us on. and its not a little thing to over look. this 1 ship idea is not working the way you intend it too. first if this ship cost 10x of a station, how dose this help the small groups.?... they mine in safe zone 10x materials of a station to have a mobile base to mine out of to do what? no this ship will be used in ways you had not intended it to be used. with it being non destructible, if its a greefers staging ship, we cant move them out. if someone is attacking a station, they have time to move stuff out to this ship and it cant be attacked, diminishing the spoils of war. rather than creating a community, your splitting it up. why dose anyone need to work together? live out of other stations , communicate and create relations, help fight or defend. no i just need to build this thing and i have a infinite safe ride forever more. if you really need to create this type of environment, make a non pvp server! every game i have ever played that has nonpvp, become junked up with clutter so bad you cant use the server anymore. it may take some time to do that with this but it will happen sooner than you think!

Hello, just a quick question:
"Military Capital Ships have a dynamic safezone (shield) that will go down if a similarly strong Military Capital Ship warps to the same location. Their safezones cancel each other out."

What happens if a stronger Military Capital Ship warps near a weaker one? Will the weaker one lose its shield and the bigger one won't or will neither of them lose their shield so the stronger one won't be able to attack the weaker one, for some reason? Or is there a different plan for this?
Thank you

"Starbase is a hybrid voxel/vertex-based space MMO with a fully destructible and infinitely expanding universe, with a focus on building and designing spaceships and stations, exploration, resource gathering, crafting, trading, and combat. "

I feel this change in the game is a total betrayal of what they have been offering for a game till now. now I'm upset I have spent so much time reading and waiting for this game when I can jest go back to playing dual universe if I wanted a safe place to play!
Don't wory! Just avoid safezones and have fun ;)

shado20

Veteran endo
problem with the capital Military Ships
this concept that you cant lose the ship is a bad idea, it favors the attackers. if they build the ship and attack and fail, they don't lose the ship, it just cant move. so make another capital ship and attack again. as the station owner, i would hate having this ship sitting in my stations orbit. if the station gets attacked 5 times and the station successfully defend the station all 5 times, there will be 5 station sized ships stuck outside. why cant the station faction get salvage rights on that?
well i'm going to make a capital military ship that is shaped so it is a billboard and attack your station with the idea of leaving it there with my message/advertising on it that you cant remove!

Don't wory! Just avoid safezones and have fun ;)
But what if a huge clan move their "Civilian" Capital Ship next to your station and just stay there and keep launching small ships at you? And you can't do anything about this because the thing is immortal. In my opinion, players should never be allowed to make 100% indestructable objects (in this case, they're also are mobile, and can launch smaller ships) no matter what they cost. It is like giving every player on a Minecraft server a stack of bedrock.
Plus it doesn't really make sense to me why Military Capital Ships can be destroyed but Civilian ones can't. Civilian Capital Ships are therefore indirectly stronger than Military ones because of their total invulnerability.

quantin

Well-known endo
Can capital ship have screen to biuld a ship right now to get in the battle?If it can't I think that's useless.

Saltylelele

Well-known endo
Can capital ship have screen to biuld a ship right now to get in the battle?If it can't I think that's useless.
I mean they aint in yet, but the idea is they will be able to "spawn" fighters at a limited rate, and of course as long as they have the supplies on board to do so.

As for SSC, this may be implemented on some big chonkers, but this is based on a Lauri quote, so take it with some salt.

id405

Endokid
Will the capital ships have an upkeep? Will it be significant? Are you planning on having civilian capital ships obtainable by solo players or only by factions? How big will the safe zone of the civilian capital ships be?

shado20

Veteran endo
Will the capital ships have an upkeep? Will it be significant? Are you planning on having civilian capital ships obtainable by solo players or only by factions? How big will the safe zone of the civilian capital ships be?
upkeep? its a movable station
size of safe zone unknown yet
to make this ship, you need a station. then a docking port you will tie up while making it. someone will be watching you make this, and attack the station at the time you have 70 to 80% of the ship done. when they take the station they will ether destroy your work, or steal your work! good luck!

Verbatos

Veteran endo
So? It's a station with force field generator, teleporting device and optionally siege equipment. Seems quite natural that it'll eat some power and maybe some resources as well.
yeah if it didn't I'd be even more concerned than I already am