Crafting benches and stations

I have been putting down factory hall modules as I had heard that was the only thing you could bolt crafting tables to.
It does allow me to bolt the tables, but only one bolt per table, and they still periodically disappear (the tables that is) with no apparent rhyme or reason.

Am I missing something?

I have been putting down factory hall modules as I had heard that was the only thing you could bolt crafting tables to.
It does allow me to bolt the tables, but only one bolt per table, and they still periodically disappear (the tables that is) with no apparent rhyme or reason.

Am I missing something?
Just a future update ;P As far as I know, what you're doing is what a lot of other players are doing as well. I've been trying to figure something out but no luck just yet.

I suggest for the moment flying a old labor ship and bolt some benches to it.

Just a future update ;P As far as I know, what you're doing is what a lot of other players are doing as well. I've been trying to figure something out but no luck just yet.

I suggest for the moment flying a old labor ship and bolt some benches to it.
Well it seems that you need to create a full hall before you can bolt the benches down properly. Unfortunately, it seems most people can't access the halls once they're built....

Venombrew

Master endo
for the time being, do like we do with our ships when cruising the outer belt, we keep them in our inventory, stop the ship lay them down, bolt them, use em and then repick em up when done. we had an issue that seemed to correct itself where our benches were dissappearing off our ships, hasn't happened in awhile but this was our work around.

Unsure if this is intended, but I happen to notice today if I bolt the beams (non easy build ones) together INSTEAD of weld them, it allows me to bolt the crafting stations to the beams

My first post here! But I felt I will share what I have figured out about factories and craft benches, I have been ripping my hair as a lot of us here so here it is.
1. Finish the factory hall completely - in easy build mode, I used beams and no walls, nothing fancy. If forcefield is up - you are set.
2. If you have a ship in the station safety zone - get it outside. I understand it might mess with the easy build.
3. Go back to your factory and turn easy build OFF
4. Place your benches - bingo! You can bolt them down!

Attachments

Last edited:
My first post here! But I felt I will share what I have figured out about factories and craft benches, I have been ripping my hair as a lot of us here so here it is.
1. Finish the factory hall completely - in easy build mode, I used beams and no walls, nothing fancy. If forcefield is up - you are set.
2. If you have a ship in the station safety zone - get it outside. I understand it might mess with the easy build.
3. Go back to your factory and turn easy build OFF
4. Place your benches - bingo! You can bolt them down!
Have done this but still my benches are disappearing even when bolted inside the factory hall, seems there is a different problem :(

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Have done this but still my benches are disappearing even when bolted inside the factory hall, seems there is a different problem :(
We have identified one possible bug related to this, and it will be patched today on PTU and if all goes well tomorrow (Wed 18th) to live version.

Any update on station factory building? I tried for about 5 hr's today and some yesterday on the ptu no luck I was able to bolt everything down like fuel chamber generators and stuff but once I left the area and came back nothing was left but the blocks that I placed in easy build mode so factory beams, floors. The green zone was still there just all the items inside gone. Thanks

This is still the case for many players, or?
I used to have a factory going with all three different stations working properly for nearly two (?) weeks. I also had a filling station working in another fabric. Bolting was almost as easy as it should be (some issues every now and then and yes here and there one item disappearing). All working fine for a long time. Then yesterday after the patch all vanished. Since then, I can't place anything anymore, it vanishes after some time. Bolting only works with one bolt, relogging lets you put in up to three bolts at a time for a work station. However, it will vanish, anyway.

I was about to test a lot of other stuff, but this is becoming annoying. Basically, I guess most players are not really building stuff in stations anymore.
There was said to be a bug fix on PTU, but I guess that was proven not working? Also, I believe LauriFB stated to write some roadmap for factories. Any update on these topics? Thanks

I had all the tables expanded on my research was in the hall, in addition a refueling system. Everything has work without any problems up to updat. After update, everything was no longer access to the hall, when the degradation of Hall parts they have also disappeared.

The only benefit of a stazion lies at the present time only a posicon's display and a camp.

Sorry this is a step back.

Greetings Oliver

Greebo

Well-known endo
This is still the case for many players, or?
I used to have a factory going with all three different stations working properly for nearly two (?) weeks. I also had a filling station working in another fabric. Bolting was almost as easy as it should be (some issues every now and then and yes here and there one item disappearing). All working fine for a long time. Then yesterday after the patch all vanished. Since then, I can't place anything anymore, it vanishes after some time. Bolting only works with one bolt, relogging lets you put in up to three bolts at a time for a work station. However, it will vanish, anyway.

I was about to test a lot of other stuff, but this is becoming annoying. Basically, I guess most players are not really building stuff in stations anymore.
There was said to be a bug fix on PTU, but I guess that was proven not working? Also, I believe LauriFB stated to write some roadmap for factories. Any update on these topics? Thanks
Yeah, last update broke my factory completely, tried making a new one and just as broken.

I see all these patch notes about station changes but it never works. I still can't weld station parts, factories work even less, my ships still disappear.

I hope this week brings some real fixes.

Came back to my secondary (working) station today, half the floor was missing, and everything but the yolol rack, buttons for flow out, and 4 of the 12 tanks just gone. My first is still has unbuildable space and renders it completely useless after the last "fix" update for stations near the launch of starbase. My crafting benches are still here but thats the only saving part of the situation..

I have found that if you use easy build mode and then click to place objects they do not disappear. If you use the "e' button to place then they do, or the floors end up floating.
This has worked for me for floors, crafting benches, propellant tank, generators resource panle and device hardpoint. Although I cannot place any cables or pipes at this stage.
The items I placed not in easy build mode or by using the "e" key seem bugged.

Bracaster

Active endo
After placing and losing 5 or 6 benches, i've finally placed 3 that are maintaining after relog. I exited easy build mode and bolted them down. I then bolted a small tank support as well as a T beam to the ground then hardpoint and resource terminal. first tank i put in to transfer fuel emptied and when unbolted became non-selectable. So i tried again with a new support and this time bolted the support to the beam and not into the floor. I emptied 14 tanks into my ship and was able to store them away. side note - all of them emptied completely from this rig whereas when draining small tanks on my ship mounted setup, the tanks never seem to empty completely (90%+ of the time aprox). Is nice as am able to refill and save mats. :)
I know that theres still a good chance that what i've placed will despawn. But so far so good. Will report if changes for me.
Update - while the benches and tank supports i bolted remained through log out and login. After moving outside of render range and returning to the base, all 3 benches , supports and tanks despawned. Oddly the bench i placed with easy build still does persist but is drifting away very slowly during log out. Such is life. :p

Last edited: