Different purposeful Endoskeleton types. [Basic/Small/Large/Mule] (W/ Updated Concept Art)

I was thinking about the idea of players actually being different endoskeletons for different purposes.
As well making it seam like the starbase universe is filled with different robot 'species'
And gives a variety in investing in specific aspects of the game that players enjoy doing most, Unique to that player.
(Using/Adjusting the ingame character skeleton/rig )>

*EndoSkeleton (Basic): does well with all aspects of the game, Piloting, Fighting, Movement ect ect.

*Smaller EndoSkeleton (Engineer Focus): 2/3 size, maybe half. (Dwarf Like)
+Can carry more tools, building materials,
+Fly & Run slightly faster
+Has onboard internal ship control mechanics. (Basically plugs self into ship using exterior not needing to use pilot chair)
+This endoskeleton has a special internal compartment/panel that can be used to plug/unplug it's self.
Making the player a module/tool of the ship its self.
+Requires less than half of needed repair materials.
-Can use all weapons but is slowed down while holding them, Generally not built for fighting.

*Large EndoSkeleton (Battle focus): 1.5x bigger, Bulkier
+Use multiple weapons at once, Could potentially built into the endokeleton it's self.
+Increase ammo capacity
+Can detach guns from ship and use them independently.
+Increase in endoskeleton armor
+Uses unique ejector/Endoskeleton launcher to be thrusted out from ship to smaller interior battles.
+Has unique personal shield
-Slower flying and running
-Needs unique large pilot seat.
-Expensive to own

*Mule Endoskeleton (Cargo/Exploration focus):Reshaped Endoskeleton with crate/cargo attaching back module.
+Crate carrying capacity, Attaches to player behind them so they can continue playing and using the rest of their tools.
(To use pilot seats)
+Specialized left arm equipment (Drilling/Harvesting) for harvesting slightly more materials.
+Specialized Wheel leg equipment, Fold down from behind the shin/foot:
Gives the player faster mobility on surfaces, Does not increase speed while flying.
-Can use all weapons but cannot ADS, Recoil is pretty unstable while holding two handed weapons in one hand.
-Slower than Basic endoskeleton
-Probably a higher priority target than the Basic endoskeleton

Other endoskeleton types i was thinking of are 'Speed (More for combat & Melee) & Tiny (Acting as a Pilot/Material handler specialization)

The main purpose for these different endoskeleton types are to act and replace somewhat like gameplay specific classes.
These ideas would take a lot of work obviously, But would be a great post update after initial launch if people like the idea enough.
All though- I could see people not agreeing with these ideas for balancing reasons/issues but after all, it is just a suggestion.

starbase.png

starbase2.png

Last edited:

Kenetor

Master endo
MECHA SUIT! MECHA SUIT! MECHA SUIT!
Make it happen and my dreams come true FB!
Lots of people have talked about wanting to make mecha/gundams in game but sadly wont be possible with current parts.

I do particularly like the cargo backpack idea though

AlexiyOne

Well-known endo
Just thought i'd mention that i updated the design of the Battle Endoskeleton. Felt like the original didn't make much since it really only showed it being covered with to much armor, and felt like it didn't have a similar enough of a identity to the rest of the designs.
As well the hands are smaller that would be for actually using ingame weapons lol.
The geometry & symmetry isint anywhere near perfect but it was bugging me to much a not to try another roughdraft at it again.

This is great! I think it would be a perfect addition to the game and would make the station really divers with all the different robots. I’m envisioning each type to be a sort of “chassis” and then all armor sets would be standardized to fit all types of chassis. Would definitely be an engineer myself. Love the art!

This is great! I think it would be a perfect addition to the game and would make the station really divers with all the different robots. I’m envisioning each type to be a sort of “chassis” and then all armor sets would be standardized to fit all types of chassis. Would definitely be an engineer myself. Love the art!
Thanks :) Besides of all the gameplay stuff, That's exactly what im thinking about as well. Every once and a while seeing the sort of 'Slice of Life' in starbase with different shaped robots here and there.

Recatek

Meat Popsicle
I want that squat little engineer bot, and I want it to make higher pitched robot noises than the other ones.

Kenetor

Master endo
Just making sure my most favorite Starbase youtuber is correct ;)(y)
haha too kind too kind, like many other im mecha obsessed but ive also been the bearer of bad news to many other fan that we cant do it sadly.
But in terms of JUST Starbase, I think thats a good thing, yes it limits creativity but id love the game to have its own feel and style, copy pasta from existing IP's is not really creative, fun yes, but not lets foster some creativity!

haha too kind too kind, like many other im mecha obsessed but ive also been the bearer of bad news to many other fan that we cant do it sadly.
But in terms of JUST Starbase, I think thats a good thing, yes it limits creativity but id love the game to have its own feel and style, copy pasta from existing IP's is not really creative, fun yes, but not lets foster some creativity!
Is it possible to put ship plating, Or attach things to the Robot arms in the game?
Because when i look at the robot arms and see how you can program them, And then next conclusion i make is well, Why don't we just use these to try and fiddle around with making 'some kind' of mecha body frame with Arm & Leg joints.
It would probably and mostly be asthetic, But damn would it be cool.

Kenetor

Master endo
Is it possible to put ship plating, Or attach things to the Robot arms in the game?
Because when i look at the robot arms and see how you can program them, And then next conclusion i make is well, Why don't we just use these to try and fiddle around with making 'some kind' of mecha body frame with Arm & Leg joints.
It would probably and mostly be asthetic, But damn would it be cool.

I would ask the Dev's, they can pick stuff up but i think the arms can only be used with arm parts, also since it wont have anything magnetic, you wont be able to walk either even if it did work.
If we get mechs it will be done on purpose and done right by the devs adding what we need, trying to force will both look bad and not be functional in the slightest, in my opinion.