Disapointed about the the "push back" of the release?

what are your opinions/feelings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the devs announced today that EA won't come this year how it was planed for the best-case scenario.
what are your opinions/feelings?

CalenLoki

Master endo
"I don't mind" would be my choice.
But considering that they could alternatively rush and fail... I'm glad.

Tumbla

Well-known endo
Glad they pushed back, alot of games release on steam with the Early Access tittle slapped on them and they are filled with bugs,dupes, unbalanced gameplay. After that players bombard the game with Negative Reviews, a year or two passes the game is alot better but already lost alot of the player base during that Soft Launch.

Starbase is an abitious game, they might have all the core mechanics ready but they should follow up with an alpha test before releasing it to the public as a steam game. There are lots of things where you need a big playerbase, like testing login servers, game mechanics, how is the lag in large scale battles? Is the economy working as intended? Is P2P working with minimal hacks, are players duping items? What other exploits, hacks bugs have they found, is a ingame report system working, will it crash if hundreds of players start using it?

1 month before the end of the year, and that is not enough time to test a game. So im glad they didnt follow through with a end of year steam release and instead theyre going through all the steps working towards a release.

I would rather the game was pushed back whilst they work on it rather than release something they not happy with, Many games can fail due to bad releases so it is for the best imo that they delay until their goals are met for EA release

thanks for keeping usinformed :)

I would rather the game was pushed back whilst they work on it rather than release something they not happy with, Many games can fail due to bad releases so it is for the best imo that they delay until their goals are met for EA release

thanks for keeping usinformed :)
was it not also posted here in the forum?
on the discord server, we got a ping from the devs with that info
the anouncement in the forum:
https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/starbase-early-access-delayed.568/

Venombrew

Master endo
i am glad they are taking their time with this game, so far they doing great work with it in the progress notes from what we can see. DO NOT RUSH IT, this could be a great thing, take your time and bring to us something magnificent.

if you look at their early videos to now, you can see a big change in some of the art(a change for the best) and their tweeks of the features they have now. no worries, make it right!

I, as well as many other people in the community I am sure, was expecting a delay of some sort due to a few reasons such as the fact that the hour livestream hadn't been released and the small window in which the supposed release announcement would've been held.

I'm pretty relieved that they're communicating to us this frequently and I definitely welcome the delay as I want the devs to feel confident with releasing the game rather than feeling they have to release it due to public pressure.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Developers did well by delaying it. I think as they keep going their learning it's best to refine and build more content first and do a longer testing period. Sadly a lot of people have too high of expectations for a Alpha/Beta game these days. I guess it's best they just polish it more for less crying. This way when it's out the door they can keep improving it and have a head start on that.

It's not their first Delay btw. They were going to launch last year originally. Just think what they have gotten done with the game since they announced the title. Just think what they can do by the time it hits EA.

I think its good if they need more time to make the game playable, but if they are adding extra features I think it is not good, because extra features should be released one by one to be tested against an actual player base, instead of being tested all at once.

I think its totally reasonable to have the game pushed back so it can have a great EA launch but maybe make it a bit easier for people to join in on the closed alpha as long as they sign a NDA?

Atreties

Veteran endo
Alpha matters more to me than EA launch. I just want to get in and start learning this whole world, how to play it, how to break it, how to help the devs make it the best game possible.

So no, I'm not at all disappointed about EA launch. They had stated certain features would be missing that i think would leave a glaring hole if absent at EA launch, so if anything, I'm glad its delayed...

...but man would I be disappointed if i couldnt find a way to get in and start alpha testing.

Alpha matters more to me than EA launch. I just want to get in and start learning this whole world, how to play it, how to break it, how to help the devs make it the best game possible.

So no, I'm not at all disappointed about EA launch. They had stated certain features would be missing that i think would leave a glaring hole if absent at EA launch, so if anything, I'm glad its delayed...

...but man would I be disappointed if i couldnt find a way to get in and start alpha testing.
I agree with you.
Better that the EA version is sufficiently stable before making it available to anyone.