Events Poll

Which times would work well for you? Times are in UTC.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KaiFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Which day and time of the week would you prefer to have events? I'm trying to figure out when we could get a good number of participants online, and if we're missing out on any good time slots. Patch day is usually Thursday so it is most beneficial to have the events after that. The times listed here are ones where I'm personally most available.

Feel free to suggest other times in the comments as well.

Additional open questions:

- Which event types have been the most fun so far?
- What type of new events would you like to see?

We've already gotten lots of good suggestions via the google forms but I figured this would be a good place to talk event formats as well :)

ExtraPerry

Active endo
Week-end is good but fridays can be a bit hard with school :/

Some moon based Hover fights and or Large ship only combat and convoy would be hella nice.

An event with bigger ships or maybe something where one team is assigned to protect a big ship and the other team has to take it over. Like a capture the flag thing but capture the ships

SubaruSama

Veteran endo
some kind of event on the moon (or atleast within its gravity field)
building some hover stuff, so would be nice to not just have it but being actually able to use it for something

also some big ship battle would be nice with like only turrets/tripods allowed and at least >500M volume, maybe some smaller unarmed/lightly armed boarding vessels in between

Kodey

Veteran endo
The most fun will always be the convoy chaos events. I can’t speak for my crew, but I felt extremely tense while on my silent motor, navigating the belt. Sadly, we couldn’t use the ambush tactics I was planning for, as we were all forced to start at pirate base, giving the sub a severe disadvantage.

After the Robur Rumbled was officially over, my sub was boarded by what had to be at least a dozen people. Fighting them off alone was fun enough, but I’d love to see more boarding events.

Also, infantry combat would be really fun to see, maybe something on Atremis moon? Have it be the PVP moon? I’d love to see my anti-infantry helicopter, the Harpy, gain some use.

KaiFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
I'd love to do some moon events when the gravity has been improved and big gunship events when we get the tripods.

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
I am UTC+11 so most of these times are between 9pm and 8am for me :(
FFA is good for testing ships and practicing PvP but I prefer objective based events like chaos convoy.
Having the events out in the belt is a good way of sprinkling some ship wreaks out there to be found later.

As a suggestion can you try some longer events less PvP focused events like, something like leaving large damaged ships loaded with rare ore goodies deep belt where we find/secure/retrieve with a few clues to its location to speed things up. An event like this can be run over days or hours depending on clues given and distance.

I realize it may not be ideal for everyone, but if events took place early morning (let's say, Sundays at 7:00 UTC) that is Sunday 20:00 for New Zealand, and Saturday 23:00 for NA (West Coast) this might be more inclusive for players outside of EU.

Aside from the Boltcrackers Tournament, I've only been able to participate in 2 events since getting CA in June of 2020

- Which event types have been the most fun so far?
Convoy Chaos is the most fun so far as it encourages teamwork and the odds of the teams seem to be fairly balanced.

I'd like to see more largeship/gunship events, as others have said, and possibly events where one team boards the others' larger ship(s); an endo v. endo event that takes place on large ships travelling from point A to B. Another event that stuck out to me in this thread was BadgerBadger's idea of a sort of scavenger hunt where a ship is stranded in the belt and a rough location is given, events that can last for days on end, where the rules are rather lose (If there are any), and provide more gameplay to Alpha participants sounds great though maybe hard to set up and plan.

Also, infantry combat would be really fun to see, maybe something on Atremis moon? Have it be the PVP moon? I’d love to see my anti-infantry helicopter, the Harpy, gain some use.
Moon-based matches like CTF (Capture the flag) with 'infantry' vehicles would be fun once gravity is fixed and tripods are in!