Friend or Foe detection for Transponder

I don't know if it is still possible to turn the transponder signal off but i think my solution would be a good option to manage an IFF System in game.

I would add an field to the transponder that act as an tag or channel where player can define that only ships with these tags can see the transponder signs from their ship. You could also change the visualization to green to show that these people are in one group.

This allows different factions to identify their affiliations much better without striping other players from the option to turn their transponder off.

Aha

Veteran endo
Yes, this is absolutely mandatory, 2 of my suggestions are relying on something like this.

THE space combat solution v.2 (making large ships viable while respecting the core mechanics too) In depth presentation.
Transponder signals could be used to differentiate between ally and enemy signals. (That must be with the auto-turrets anyway)
Ranks and squads. Rank editor!
Within a fleet let's say the "purple fleet" there could be color differentiation again so the fleet commander sees who is what and of course you could set that the differentiation transponder signal WITHIN the fleet shows up only to that fleet (rank group). To everyone else within the faction, everything is just purple.

I meant this feature for rank groups but in addition to that, your idea is even better. Having the possibility to set up channels with anyone you desire would be awesome!

Something like that, the Ship Transponder is already a unique component in each ship and it would not make much sense to track every endo onboard of greater ships so this would be a good compromise to implement such a system.

This would be obsolete if the devs plan to implement this as part of the social updates but this method is cheap to implement and would give not only players the option to tell targets apart, it could also add an additional layer for greater skirmishes. If you steal the Tag of an enemy ship you could easy sneak spies in their lines.

If we may get later a Radar Component for larger Ships to force Transponder activation this could also cause interesting results. :LOL:

XenoCow

Master endo
Good news! Some of what you're looking for is partly in already. Transponders already show different colors based on whether you are in a group or not! Green for other group members and yellow for everyone else! Also, it is easy to turn off and on your transponder if you want to go quiet. (Unfortunately, the social menu still shows everyone that's nearby).

XenoCow

Master endo
How green? Pale or dark? If pale then it won't matter to the red-green colourblind people, as they can't tell the difference.
I don't remember... I don't participate in many of the events... I can try to nab someone to test it out with real quick.

Good news! Some of what you're looking for is partly in already. Transponders already show different colors based on whether you are in a group or not! Green for other group members and yellow for everyone else! Also, it is easy to turn off and on your transponder if you want to go quiet. (Unfortunately, the social menu still shows everyone that's nearby).
Ok Thank you, i didnt know that a group system was already implemented.