How to make the game more real-world friendly

pavvvel

Veteran endo
the sooner you realize that no one cares about your tons of text about nothing, the better.
No one is interested in your stories about games.

In EVA, as far as I know, they give 3 minutes. Okay, we are not virtuous, we will give 10. And if the ship has not been touched during this time, then the ship collapses. When entering, the ship appears and waits 10 minutes for it to fully manifest. At the same time, if the player's ship was attacked while exiting the online, then the ship remains..
If you had at least a little understanding of what's better for MMOs and what's worse, you wouldn't be suggesting these timers.
Such mechanics are abusive and kill many facets of gameplay.

You're making weird parallels between your "wants" and the size of the game's online. wake up.

XenoCow

Master endo
I'm a very lore-sesetive player. Having robots disppear to nowhere and leaving their stuff in space for no reason kinda kills the immersion for me.
I think you should recheck the lore. The endos are supposed to be avatars, not sentient robots out on their own. It would make sense in the lore that sometimes events at the real bodies of whomever is controlling the endos might interfere and cause the endos to just sit there for hours or even days and months.

I think it would then follow that you should be arguing for endos to not disappear when logging out of the game, instead shutting off and just standing there until you log back in.

I think under the stated lore of the game you can be even further immersed when something happens while you are away. You can imagine that that endo you control is actually out there somewhere and if you have to attend to your local physical life there are consequences that may happen.

That all being said, I still think setting up some sort of way to press a single key and have your ship hide for you is the best way to go, we just need a device to tell us when we're hiding!

Last edited:

pavvvel

Veteran endo
That all being said, I still think setting up some sort of way to press a single key and have your ship hide for you is the best way to go, we just need a device to tell us when we're hiding!
press a button and the ship disappears?
Noooo, we definitely don't need that. Such mechanics kill the game.

XenoCow

Master endo
press a button and the ship disappears?
Noooo, we definitely don't need that. Such mechanics kill the game.
Not a mechanic, It would be a device that can detect fog. So, by pressing a button a YOLOL program would run that sends the ship off to go find and stop inside a dense cloud of dust so that it is hidden, nothing weird or magical.

CalenLoki

Master endo
I think it would then follow that you should be arguing for endos to not disappear when logging out of the game, instead shutting off and just standing there until you log back in.
IMO this is the way to go. Completely fixes the problem with combat logging and multi-session, multi-crew missions (aka not leaving offline players behind).
And is immersive AF.

Another thing on topic of ship hiding: Once we have ship radiation detection, people will naturally look mostly at those, rather than densely raking the space for visual contact. That itself makes offline ships naturally much harder to find.
As an example of that imagine RPG game where all the items you can pick-up or interact with are highlighted. Now make it 90% items highlighted and 10% not. Those 10% would be found by much fewer players compared to game with no item highlighting.

Askannon

Veteran endo
As an example of that imagine RPG game where all the items you can pick-up or interact with are highlighted. Now make it 90% items highlighted and 10% not. Those 10% would be found by much fewer players compared to game with no item highlighting.
Can't recall the video, but a few years back I watched one about Mirrors Edge and how the game gets unbelievably harder when colours/highlighting are turned off.
So yeah, unless you want to make everyone find you don't use bright colors or ones that contrast with your environment.

a device that can detect fog.
I think this will hapen. The devs promised us gas pumps. There should be a way to find the best place to deploy them. Fog is the first thing that comes to mind. The fun begins if there is a long-range sensor of dust clouds. Like you see all the 2000-1000m clouds in a 10-30km range. And you do not have to look for them you can just look INSIDE them.

The idea is absolutely not consistent. Players have 1000 cubic kilometers of space, and only 26 seconds in ideal conditions
to see another ship. Players have a Save Zone with a diameter of 1000 kilometers around Eos, with all the resources. Everyone is very simply, not ready to lose the ship, do not fly to dangerous places. Leave that to the more daring players.

Erador

Well-known endo
The idea is absolutely not consistent. Players have 1000 cubic kilometers of space, and only 26 seconds in ideal conditions
to see another ship. Players have a Save Zone with a diameter of 1000 kilometers around Eos, with all the resources. Everyone is very simply, not ready to lose the ship, do not fly to dangerous places. Leave that to the more daring players.
What are u doing here? LoL

Erador

Well-known endo
By the way, there is a rule from EVE:
"Never leave a station, if you don't have another similar ship in hangar"

TERACOOL

Learned-to-sprint endo
this is a simplification of the game. it will turn out to be a game for children. just don't fly for 12 hours alone, take a partner.