If you would see a Space Station somewhere, would you attack it or scout it out first? Or would you do something completely different?

I would probably see if it has weapons, if yes i would approach carefully showing myself as a peaceful person. How about you? :D

I truly hope there is a way for a station to broadcast messages across a set distance, that way a station can boardcast what type of station it is for example. If you get within say like 10Km of the station it tells you it is a trading station and that all are welcome, or if it a military station that they tell you, that you are trepassing. With the emphasis on players building the world instead of the devs I truly doubt it will be as easy to attack a faction station as one might think, as if every station was that vulernuable then non of them would be public use and it would truly affect the game negativity if no one could make a trade hub or anything like that.

sweer

Active endo
I truly hope there is a way for a station to broadcast messages across a set distance, that way a station can boardcast what type of station it is.
They could set up billboards or has in seen in the thread "Tracking stations?" they could set up buoy's across space so you can see where it is and in my vision what it does

Morrgard

Master endo
I would rather not go to close to a random station, I would try to contact them first and see what they're intentions are and if it was not particularly friendly I would turn away, it would be an unnecessary conflict. But in most cases, I would likely just pass them by.

I would not engage in direct conflict however as that is uncalled for

Save it's location, circle it a few times see if anything shoots and/or what faction affiliation it has. Depending on what i find i would either move on or plan an attack.

Death to Kingdom btw. :p

I would probably map it first at a save distance, transfer the coordinates of the station, get my ship-server ready to wipe and aproach it carefully.
if it would attack i would try to fly away if not find out what the station is about.
is it a trading station? a new faction station that doesnt have turrets yet? or just a public mega station?

Last edited:

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation
I would probably see if it has weapons, if yes i would approach carefully showing myself as a peaceful person. How about you? :D
My reaction would largely depend on whether its a known station or if its just something that popped into existence recently. If its the latter investigating peacefully is always a good idea, would rather not start a war.

Really depends. In most cases I'd approach it as a friendly, and turn away if they told me to. But if I was looking to pirate materials, I would:
1) Save its location, scout it out outside of ship's visual range, and launch an attack if we had more firepower, or...
2) Stay outside visual range and attack transports approaching/leaving the station.

Matrix... you know... "visual range"... is 200km now and will go to 1000km in the future... so i dont think that will work so well for you scouting it out...

I'd assume that most stations would be open to trade. I plan on a nomadic lifestyle, so building a massive freighter capable of carrying huge loads of resources makes every station a potential trading post. I can't imagine why anyone would want resources delivered right to their door. So the station would be an opportunity to save me a trip to further locations to offload and i could sell at a lower rate since travel cost are lower. So hopefully ever station i see is a potential friend or two made as well as trade route established.

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
I would scout it carefully non-aggressively with a small ship and see how they react to my presents.
If they are non-aggressive I might say hi and see if they want to be friend,
else if they are aggressive they may find a swarm of automated cruise missiles heading their way.

Find out whose it is and whether its safe then see if they're open for transport contracts or buying and selling

MoneylooJr

Well-known endo
First I'd check it out. Try to work out who owns it, what buildings it has (mining towers, rental lots, etc.) and determine what kind of station it is. That, or see if I can find it on a station database assuming that becomes a thing.
If it's openly friendly, like a open trading/mining station or a housing station, I'll probably stop by. See what they're selling, unload some excess materials for some credits, refuel and repair my ship, that kind of stuff.
It it's neutral, like a private station or one belonging to a neutral faction like some mercenaries, then I'll either move on. If I need resources, repairs, to sell materials, whatever, I might ask if I can do that at their station. If the say yes, nice, if not I'll move on.
If it's a hostile station, like a pirate station, I'll write down it's location, maybe take some screenshots, and keep it in mind for "future visits."

before I get into that - um, I'll answer it briefly. Because I am pursuing a goal on a journey, I may not want to be distracted because my plans mean gold to me - but if I could use a break or distraction or have already locked myself in my rhythms so that alternation is unconscious brings a feeling of variety, it will have to be something unexpected in the end so that this story that I was allowed to experience or that has already changed my life becomes not just a story but a part of myself (that's really rare for something like that to happen). - Otherwise I'll quickly get a coffee there and move on before I love something. If it was a long journey on which I hardly met any form of life, from a psychological point of view, the staff there is more than happy to meet someone else who is alive. Where there are many beings, a single less is worth life and its meaningfulness. (In the social structures) Whatever will happen there - the event can be lived out in all directions of thought. Apart from tickling its weaknesses and strengths, it can also leave a free trail assume - I'm doing what I've always wanted to do - imbalance. . . Many people are brought into imbalance by the media with stories they compare themselves with and then feel dry. But it can also be about things that you have experienced in this world independently of everything that are not yet "done" for you. . .

I leave out the military themes - all the others do that automatically in this scenario. In any case, military activities quickly become boring if they always follow the same structure. Such forms of behavior can be adapted to the surrounding conditions in all dimensions of the range of thought and their obstacles that contain them, if that can be seen. So the AI can be puzzled automatically. example shortest aspect = own constitution,. . some other aspects. . .
.. ohh and an aspect that gets eg an ignore status due to an obstacle in a situation. .
highest aspect = diplomacy / reputation. . any higher aspects? religion? Schitzophrenia. . . fuuuuuuhh this concept is cool but i could get lost in the depth of a detail field anywhere xD

Cela dépend de l'état de la station, si elle est dans une position géographique intéressante, si elle n'est pas trop endommagée et s'il est possible de la réparer. Mais je pense qu'en général, vous devez réparer les stations sinon, à un moment donné, cela restera bloqué si quelques stations sont utilisables.