IFF

Brushes

Well-known endo
An identify friend or foe device for ships.

Could be 1 to 3 parts:
Interface (small like car radio)
images (27).jpeg

Antenna (small / flush mounted)
Display (if hud integration isnt a thing)
images (31).jpeg

The interface would accept a four digit code and any other ship with the same code would appear as friendly... Kinda requires a HUD or display but maybe friends could be green 'X' and everyone else red diamonds?

Should be long range as people without IFF (or turned off) would not appear on display, and would not see others. So both partys would remain hidden from eachother. Having IFF would be very helpful in large battles though.

See also Directional Transponder

Last edited:
Well so far the only displays can only displays characters and are 26 columns across and 14 rows down but I don't think it will be a heads up display unless you had a small screen that showed x for friend or o for enemy or something if they are in front of you but I don't think the devs would implement a screen like that as the data that would be fed into it could allow for automatic targeting which is not intended to be part of the core mechanics

Brushes

Well-known endo
Lame

Well, in the latest bloopers vid, when the fighter runs into the station, we can see a transparent green gun sight in the windshield. Maybe some simple hud is in work.

Personally I believe that stuff is just a sight made out of physical stuff the devs put on the glass of their fighters

Well so far the only displays can only displays characters and are 26 columns across and 14 rows down but I don't think it will be a heads up display unless you had a small screen that showed x for friend or o for enemy or something if they are in front of you but I don't think the devs would implement a screen like that as the data that would be fed into it could allow for automatic targeting which is not intended to be part of the core mechanics
Well, transparent screens are going to be a thing, and there's been a lot of talk about holographic displays.

I would be surprised if stringing together smaller screens into larger ones wouldn't be a thing. Which then could be used to project 3D space onto a 2D one for IFF purposes.

Hell, you don't even need such a display. Just have an IFF and program your weapons to just not fire in the direction of a friendly signal.