One-way glass

MAXD

Veteran endo
Eye contact with enemy it's very embarrassing in a space background game I thought.

Kmank

Well-known endo
But then how could you stare down our enemies as we ran our ship into their bridge?

An interesting concept, a ship with one-way transparent glass can be pretty cool.
Actually real-world one-way glass is just less opaque or more reflective than normal glass and will absorb or reflect more light. Light from both inside and outside gets reduced when goes through the glass so people outside can't see the light coming out while people inside can see light coming in.

Great idea! layered/stronger/composit windows would also be nice. Now im getting the feeling every viewport in my ship would be to much of a weak spot. Would be nice to not fly in a completely steel box devoid of "natural" night. toggleable privacy glass would also be cool don't know if the current transparent screen could function as makeshift privacy glass.

MoonSet416

Well-known endo
isn't stronger window/glass kinda against the whole no 3rd person view thing tho? if the windows are no longer a weak spot, the balancing act between protection and visibility would be gone.

MAXD

Veteran endo
Great idea! layered/stronger/composit windows would also be nice. Now im getting the feeling every viewport in my ship would be to much of a weak spot. Would be nice to not fly in a completely steel box devoid of "natural" night. toggleable privacy glass would also be cool don't know if the current transparent screen could function as makeshift privacy glass.
If the stronger glass still cannot reach plates, it's still meaningless and it wont reach that level for sure.
But everyone want a better protection.

CalenLoki

Master endo
Stronger glass is 2x better than weak armour, but still 2x worse than strong armour.
Also even without that it's an object worth targeting, due to importance of stuff located there.

MAXD

Veteran endo
Stronger glass is 2x better than weak armour, but still 2x worse than strong armour.
Also even without that it's an object worth targeting, due to importance of stuff located there.
My point is on the visual effect, or you can say I just want it to look nicer.
Protection I'd like a brand new solution.XD