Orbital Bombardment

If planetary exploration is possible, wouldn't there be combat over land? Orbital bombardment, though expensive, would be a legitimate war strategy for planetary combat. You could have a team of craft in orbit each armed with a different type. Like one with a Massive Laser hitting the planet, one with a carpet bombing tactic hitting the structures, or one with a troop drop would even be cool.

five

Master endo
Well yes but as of rn there no actual physical planets, the planet eos is a gas giant

Verbatos

Veteran endo
There is no planetary exploration currently, you can go to the moons, but last time I checked they have no gravity.
Of course, I've never been to the moons myself, the trip is a bit too long for me (40 hour minimum) it might've changed since I last checked.
The most you could probably do is bombard with small ship-mounted weapons, mining lasers wouldn't be able to make it and there is no gravity for conventional bombers to work.

CalenLoki

Master endo
I'm against wmd, as it completely negates the building aspect of the game, by being able to delete any ship in single hit.

Without wmd orbital bombardment can't exist, unless you can precisely snipe a target from hundreds of km. Which is just impossible due to yolol inaccuracies, render distance, lack of zoom, ect.

The whole concept fits more in rts games, not here.

once starbase comes out I'm for sure strafing peope planetside with rockets, OB stuff is a lot of fun