Rams and melee combat weapons

FranklinZ

Well-known endo
Ramming sounds like a fun combat style to play. Will there be rams that deal extra ramming damage and/or receive less ramming damage?
I would also want some ship melee weapons like saws and drills. If that sound too crude than maybe a plasma cutter?
Also grapeshot cannons could be fun to have, and could act as a defense for boarding parties.

I have also thought of this, especially for ships. I thought of a ship with a large front section that is filled with propellant and/or generators. it would have very high speed, the front section could have armor connected to hinges for opening up so the blast radius is bigger. I also planned on putting a mini fighter in a cargo lock frame as a getaway vehicle.
how does that sound?

CalenLoki

Master endo
how does that sound?
Currently stacking more tanks/reactors doesn't increase blast radius. Unless you space them over wide area, which makes you easier target. But also easier to hit.
Also armour doesn't decrease it, so no need for opening armour in front.
So you'd probably want an 12m stick with single rod generator in front, a way to detonate it and a seat in the back (so you survive to board target ship afterwards.

Also currently there are no ships big enough to be viable targets for such kamikaze ships. At least none that are viable in combat.

five

Master endo
Currently stacking more tanks/reactors doesn't increase blast radius. Unless you space them over wide area, which makes you easier target. But also easier to hit.
Also armour doesn't decrease it, so no need for opening armour in front.
So you'd probably want an 12m stick with single rod generator in front, a way to detonate it and a seat in the back (so you survive to board target ship afterwards.

Also currently there are no ships big enough to be viable targets for such kamikaze ships. At least none that are viable in combat.
Explosive lance