Ship steers like crazy but only when accelerating, its all good when flying.

So, basically i dont understand whats happening.
I have built myself an asteroid hauler, the Centre of Mass and Centre of Thrust are perfectly in line. When i test the ship in the Test Mode inside Ship Designer it accelerates perfectly straight. When i buy the ship and accelerate its also perfectly straight, but as soon as i leave the safe zone and i try to accelerate the ship steers like crazy to the right and slightly up (now its also important to say that i did not crash it, even slightly, i just left the safe zone).
Now what i dont get is, why does the ship work perfectly fine when i test fly it, and also freshly after i buy it, but then it just doesn't anymore.
I also found out that i can also simulate it by unbolting literally any piece of the ship and putting it back in place with the exact same amount of bolts, that does pretty much the same as what leaving the safe zone does, the ship steers while accelerating after i do that. The steering issue then just sticks with the ship, i despawn it and spawn it again and its steering, its basically bugged forever from that point on.
I have tested it on quite a bit of ships from that blueprint, old and new versions and it happens to all of them.
So please, if anyone could help me figure out this issue that would be great, because i just dont know anymore and am sad, cause i cant load asteroids while the ship steers its side into it when i try to load it in. :/

Thanks for your time.
Sejd

Throdnk

Well-known endo
You are not the only one having these issues.

Issues occur in different variations:
- Torque applied on initial acceleration
- Torque applied for random intervals
- Torque applied constantly while flying

There was a recent discussion started on the Okim Discord Server, during which Okim confirmed that it is known that ships behave differently in test mode than the 'real' world. Every player reporting errors also said that their ships behaved just fine in the test mode.

A latest suspicion supported by some players is that low framerate or framedrops might have something to do with it, but that was not reliably reproducable and could be completely wrong.

All in all, I think that this issue is something that FB will need the players to find more information on and document it in some videos with at best some way to reproduce the issue.

You are not the only one having these issues.

All in all, I think that this issue is something that FB will need the players to find more information on and document it in some videos with at best some way to reproduce the issue.
LOLLLLL

Throdnk

Well-known endo
What's so funny? I don't think the issue is something being actively worked on, but we need it fixed or many player will break their ship design by trying to 'fix' it with magical hotfixes that 'work on their machines'.

To respond to the fps issue, no, in belt am limiting to max fps 90 which does not drop at all. Even if it was bound to fps i dont understand how it's possible that the ship works in safe zone perfectly, but as soon as i leave the boundaries it starts steering.
It's as if something in the core blueprint of the ship changed or smh, it dont really make any sense to me. Also, all thrusters that push the ship forward start at the same time, i checked that, they are all the same thrusters too so i dont see why should they thrust at different powers.
Now as i said before the same issue is replicable by just unbolting any single component from the ship and putting it back to the same place with the same method as before, after that the ship starts doing exactly the same thing as if you have left the safe zone.
One last thing, i have said that it persists forever even after respawning the ship, that was false, i tested that today and when you respawn the ship it dont steer again, well untill you take a component off or go to danger zone that is. The fact that it dont appear after respawning also eliminates my original idea, that the propellant tanks did not drained evenly so the weight of the fuel kinda unbalanced the ship, which is not the case

Throdnk

Well-known endo
Yeah, something is wrong and the root cause hasn't been found yet.

Do you have angled thrusters on your ships? There was at least one report with them causing a persistant torque on the ship for a few mining runs. But again, nothing reliable or reproducible, just wild guesses.

Throdnk

Well-known endo
Another wild guess since you report the issue begins at the safezone border:

Do you use the insideSafezone field from the transponder somewhere in your YOLOL scripts or have it renamed to something that could clash with thruster control variables?

Last edited:
Heya, was away for some time so I could not respond sooner, I am using angled thrusters on newer version of the ship but the issue was there even before, so they can't be the problem causer and I for quite some time did not even used the transponder on my ship and the issue was there without it, but also no, I don't use the insidesafezone variable anywhere

Also, I don't really know if this has any relation to this threads particular issue, but I have had some weird things happening to my asteroid haulers after I sell the asteroid load that was locked on my ship. Now normally when you spawn a ship on origin it always spawns in the same default orientation and rotation which is bottom down and perfectly in line with the landing pad, but for some reason when I tried spawning the ship after hauling three T10 asteroids it spawned sideways with random rotation and orientationb, this issue would then stick with the ship forever even if I despawned it and spawned it again as if the default value for spawning the ship got overwritten and saved different values. Only way to change that would be to haul some more asteroids which results in rewritting the orientation once again to different random values. What happened after several hauls was that the ship (it's kinda big and long) spawned with its cockpit glitched inside the flooring (each time I tried to spawn it it was just below the ground texture literally unreachable) of the building the landing pad is on, which resulted in me being unable to enter seat and fly the ship from certain locations such as ship design workshop.
This seems to me as the same kind of issue, where the ship's core stats (which you can't interact with anymore once the ship is built) gets overwritten, while the ship is being used, by some untraceable bug/glitch.

Haladin

Active endo
for some reason when I tried spawning the ship after hauling three T10 asteroids it spawned sideways with random rotation and orientation
+1. I've had the same happen multiple times to different prints of a small lock beam hauler.

Throdnk

Well-known endo
Well if it happens again (the spawn with rotation), that's at least something you can capture in a screenshot for a F1 report.

Well if it happens again (the spawn with rotation), that's at least something you can capture in a screenshot for a F1 report.
i did that actually, GM responded that i should spawn it at the bridge spawners that are around edges of the origin stations, that was official dev respond xD

Throdnk

Well-known endo
Did you report it as bug? Bug's shouldn't get a response but would go to the correct team in this case.
Well, if it happens again, you could just report it again :)