Should SB devs wipe economy prior to 1.0?

Should SB devs wipe economy prior to 1.0?

• Total voters
Oh I didn't notice mention of frequent wipes until the Cavlier mentioned wiping every few months

The idea in my mind is that an official release is the only major event that will draw in large amounts of players who have not played yet, official releases are generally well advertised and are, in my mind, the second chance to every ea game that has lost most of its population (every EA game takes this hit). I don't think games that have a 1.5 update or 2.0 update generally draw in large amounts of brand new players but instead use that to bring back returning players. I don't think wiping after official release is something that would work well for this game but like I said at the end of my post we won't really know until the game is there, things may radically change at that point and we could be playing a different game. I do know right now that the advantages we have are huge over someone just playing and I can't imagine how it will be on full release.

You said it yourself, only 2k of us are playing.. So in 1 year or whatever an actually release comes out. Do you think us 2k people and the things we have are really going to affect much against the number of people who hopefully would be showing up for a full release? -this one here is my own question for you.
I do think the handful of us playing until full release will have a huge impact in the game, just think about every crazy opportunity we had from EA release and realize a new player will never have that. On the first day I was selling bastium for like 10k a piece and I found a t10 nhurgite node sold those for 20k+ a piece. I slapped a warp core on my marmot-st and went to the moon and flew back filled with lukium and sold those for 250k a piece. A new player would never have the ability to make those huge jumps if they don't have a fresh wipe where we are all competing. I know its not all about credits but that's the part of the game that's been appealing to me most and I'm sure everyone else has their experiences at early game pvp or ship design etc.

When it comes to pve we will know where the best ores are and we've slapped down stations to get there, we've driven down the prices on ore as much as possible from a year of farming and selling, we've got our coordinates for the moons, we've got the credit base for capital ships and stations. Not even looking far into the future we've got this insane advantage over new players and with some coordinated effort from companys/factions you could easily make progression for new players very very difficult.

Just camping the moon gate was a big issue a month ago imagine what happens when we've got radiation tracking and the biggest and best ships, how can a new player hope to progress?

I don't need to do much thinking about pvp new players against veteran players who have had a year to build up their war chest + fleets, that'll be an easy stomp.

I do agree with you a reset always favors people who play more but that is the fair playing field, if people who play more is the deal breaker and this is common feeling I think a single player option is the solution to that. When it comes to a wipe those players who play more but have not bought into star base yet will have no desire to join in knowing they are at least a year behind the veterans - not only in knowledge but also in in-game assets and progression. I think anyone who comes into an EA open-world game like this should have known or accepted there is going to be a wipe on full release it seems insane to me that they would not wipe.