Single ship size limit instead of separate limits for different things.

CalenLoki

Master endo
ATM we run into problems of running out of one limit (usually pipes, cables and voxels) while almost never out of others (objects, weapons, bolts, attachment plates). And they often don't really represent which parts really affect FPS more.

So I suggest giving each component an specific PCU cost (SE style), and having single PCU limit per ship.

i.e. bolt would be the reference point at cost of 1 PCU
5 PCU for cables
10 PCU for pipes
15 PCU for attachment plates
20+voxel volume/1000 for plates
30+voxel volume/1000 for frame pieces
40+voxel volume/1000+(however heavy they are for game engine) for functional components

Those are just example numbers, but you get the idea.
Don't try to use in-game object values for that, just the raw game performance impact.

Side idea: give us longer pipes and cables (up to 96cm). Just replace those 8 12-cm pieces with longer ones if the straight piece is long enough.

Last edited:

kiiyo

Veteran endo
Reminds me of them CPU limits back when Robocraft was installed on my PC, hah. Fairly good idea, though; Also gives less clutter on the SSC screen I suppose.

That's very true. Kinda true here as well. For some reason some peoples ships just plain don't render for me. I have no idea why that is.

dont say theres limits on max parts or even size i like building ships/stations just work on theories that large is strong and slow and small is fast and weak i hope you can construct in a way that critical parts can be armoured due to the design

five

Master endo
dont say theres limits on max parts or even size i like building ships/stations just work on theories that large is strong and slow and small is fast and weak i hope you can construct in a way that critical parts can be armoured due to the design
there is a limit within the ship designer. you can technically build a ship outside as large as u want as far as i know

CalenLoki

Master endo
there is a limit within the ship designer. you can technically build a ship outside as large as u want as far as i know
Yes, you can build as large as you want. But the moment you go over limits, thrusters will refuse to work, so your ship will become stationary.
This applies to all the part/voxel limits, but not to dimension limits. So 1km long stick can be a valid ship