Starbase Community News: November 2020

AuraFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
SB_community_news.png

November was a busy month both in the community and for us Frozenbyteans. Check out the Halloween wrap-up, which commemorates Starbase's first ever Halloween events!

We at Frozenbyte also said goodbye to the real-life version of our beloved Hypevan, and there was a small, virtual community sendoff for Hypevan here on the forums and in-game. Hypevan's legacy lives on in Starbase, however, and you can get your own from the ship shop at any time. Here's a compilation of the commemorations and space funerals for Hypevan! We sincerely thank you for each one. :)

discord_sb__divider_sb.png

Community Highlights

Kingdom citizens are arranging a Kingdom-focused Q&A event on the official Starbase Discord. The event takes place on December 12th 2020, 5pm (17:00) UTC, in #kingdom-chat. If you're not on our Discord yet, you can join here: http://discord.gg/starbase

You need to have the Kingdom role in order to access the channel - you can ask the CMs or the moderators if you're unsure how to get the role. Make sure to attend!

Fly me to the moon... easier said than done. Enjoy the devastating pull of gravity with PROGMPLAY in this cool footage of a mass-landing in one of the moons!

Still haven't had enough moon adventures? Come crash to Elysium with G8M8N8!

Still missing Halloween and its spooky ambience? Not to worry! Get back in the mood with this Halloween greeting from XenoCow Entertainment.

Would you like to contribute? To submit something to Community Highlights, contact us via e-mail at community@frozenbyte.com with the subject headline "Starbase Community Highlights"! Remember to mention who the submission is from and what name you want to be credited. We reserve the right to curate suggested content and cannot guarantee all submissions will be published.

Screenshot Showcase

yzcz3piz0az51.jpg
Posted by TGess on reddit

95jivlih39061.jpg
Posted by TGess on reddit

Screenshot (1607).png
SpacePanda1000 on Starbase Forums

l1478gwgda161.jpg
Posted by Duke Ironhelm on reddit

20201117_130027.jpg
Posted by Marki#2565 on Discord

Want to submit your own screenshot(s) for Screenshot Showcase? Post them in this forum thread here or e-mail them to us at community@frozenbyte.com with the subject headline "Screenshot Showcase"! Remember to mention who the submission is from and what name you want to be credited.

Fanwork Showcase

FatFly World of Games showcases "Edelweiss Mk.3s", an experimental vessel for asteroid mining!

Jimmy537 brings us this seriously cool ship with 24 mining lasers!

KodeyPodey brings a new timelapse of ship building, with the vessel "Swine".

Meanwhile, Odik has put together this hilarious Friends parody for all your community spirit needs!

A new Byte-sized tutorial from XenoCow Entertainment, this time focused on Ship Tool Assembly.

cap_showcase.png
More amazing art by GluxDesigns#7065 on Discord!

kiiyo has shared two new thrilling stories, which feature the crew of the vessel "The Kitty" participating in the annual racing competition The Moonshot Cup. Read The Race, Sprint #0 and The Race, Sprint #1 here!

Want to showcase your fanart, fanfic, videos and/or cool content here in the coming issues? Submit it to us via e-mail at community@frozenbyte.com with the subject headline "Fanwork Showcase"! Remember to mention who the submission is from and what name you want to be credited. All sorts of fanworks are welcome, but we will not post works that contain NSFW or otherwise mature, inappropriate or offensive content.

We hope you've enjoyed this exciting new issue of the Starbase Community News! We look forward to your contributions, especially with the year end celebrations right around the corner. See you next month and thanks for reading!

Kodey

Veteran endo
I gotta say, when I started making these time lapses, I never expected this much attention, I’m in the same boat as Xenocow! I can’t wait to start making more time lapses and showing off my police themed vessels!

Dommy

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I gotta say, when I started making these time lapses, I never expected this much attention, I’m in the same boat as Xenocow! I can’t wait to start making more time lapses and showing off my police themed vessels!
Where did you get those fighters from, I wonder.