Starbase Progress Notes: Week 36 (2021)

AlexiyOne

Well-known endo
I hope that these turrets replace tripods in terms of purpose, I think these turrets should take place where tripods are in terms of damage to ships, while tripods are more for anti infantry

Tomasz

Well-known endo
Are these ball tureets going to work like tripods with mouse aim?
If it's going to be like old turrets with keyboard cotrols and desyncs , it is feature in vain.

Will we also get personal blueprints that can't be exchanged for the player made ships we buy? Would be nice to be able to save a build after upgrading it or adding onto it without the universal tool always complaining about a bunch of things that were replaced being broken.

Woohoo, finally ship names. I really hope we get model names for ships as well. Otherwise, it will be really hard for people to find the ships they are interested in ^^

Will ball turrets support mining lasers and targeting lasers? (ie are the slits big enough?).
Will ball turrets be just as janky as the normal yolol turrets?
How much torque will these turrets have? Advanced turrets are very soupy in their movements.

Oobfiche

Well-known endo
Will ball turrets support mining lasers and targeting lasers? (ie are the slits big enough?).
Will ball turrets be just as janky as the normal yolol turrets?
How much torque will these turrets have? Advanced turrets are very soupy in their movements.
Ball turrets uses the code of tripods, not turntable-based turrets. as its gunner-only.

Some much needed features.

I see ball turrets mentioned in regard to capital ships -- can you clarify on whether the ball turrets will be usable with the invincible CCAPs?

MAXD

Veteran endo
Worried about the glass on the ball turrets, the glass is almost meaningless when countering mounted weapons, even some normal weapons can easily broke them.

Worried about the glass on the ball turrets, the glass is almost meaningless when countering mounted weapons, even some normal weapons can easily broke them.
Maybe we'll be able to choose armor or glass covering. I doubt its one big piece.

Kmank

Well-known endo
Just wanted to say thank you for using ticks and crosses :) much easier for the colour blind peeps to follow now!

Oobfiche

Well-known endo

I see ball turrets mentioned in regard to capital ships -- can you clarify on whether the ball turrets will be usable with the invincible CCAPs?
given all capital types are beyond any weapon ranges and have special requirements, CCAP's cant have weapons on it directly as one of its requirements. capitals themselves are the only ships where they have requirements of what gos on and what cant

CalenLoki

Master endo

Lauri answered that question some time ago. CCAPs can have weapons, but no bullet can go through it's shield. Neither in nor out. So quite useless for them.

"Company events" will be awesome, make sure to take care of the current timezone of players.
Auto convert hours in the current player timezone will make player life easier.

That durability tool picture concerns me that they are thinking about/planning to add ammo to it, which would be massively frustrating.
I think the box is the ship integrity device or whatever it is called.

Edit : after watching carrefully to the pic, you may be right ...

Last edited:
Maybe we'll be able to choose armor or glass covering. I doubt its one big piece.