Station Parts Duplicated in Place in are Stuck

I've had a glitch after the recent patch where station modules or stuff placed in a factory will duplicate. Most of the pieces are "ghost" and disappear after being picked up. Some modules though can't be removed since they keep meshing in and out of each other and reset my weld tool. Is there a dev or game admin who could remove these glitched parts?

Yup same problem here, but for me it is represented by modules placed and having a light purple/teal border around the place module (the one that is shown when moving it and not locked in place). It doesn't duplicate it as another saved item for me, just duplicates it in the rendering/interactive pipeline. If you restart the game the border goes away, but the object sometimes is still duplicated inside the module, and the only thing that will break it is loading the station objects back into memory (going 5-10km away and coming back) or crashing into the object with your ship, both resulting in them exploding as the physics go all wacky..

Already submitted the bug report on this bug, but after sending it I found a specific way to remove them from your station, well besides smashing into them with your ship.

When in easy building mode, if you place an object down and notice this teal/light purple border still around the object, it's duplicated and it's best to just remove the object (less mess). While in this mode do the following:
  1. Try and grab the object with the "R" key, then you need to deselect it to make it go away (go into cursor mode, and right click anywhere).
  2. Then go back to where the object was place and it will still be there, but this time you can weld the object, weld it. (it might work after this, but I rather not test it with my station).
  3. Now remove the weld and the object will be sent back into your inventory, counting number back up one stack.
Sometimes when building in easy mode it just work and this event never occur. My guess is this bug is related to the patch work recently done to provide the new method of rotating modules as it seems to only occur with those I rotate.

Hopefully one of the development teams read this and it helps them debug this. Until they get it fixed, it's a hit or miss when building a station using modules.

Update: Just noticed that when this bug starts occurring in easy build, is when after I select the module it will have a green border around it even when dragging it around in open space. Normally it is that light purple color, and only goes green when locking in place, and in this case it works correctly.

Last edited: