Talking about the understanding and translation of materials in the game

When I browse and try to translate the Starbase Wiki into other languages, I found this page, its talking about the materials in the game:
https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Materials
And i found that all the materials except ICE has a strange coinages name, maybe its in order to hint that everything here is different form the earth. But to be honest, its really make some trouble for non-native-English-speaking player like me.Thats pretty hard to remember or translate so many new word that even not exist in dictionary.
However , after some times of attempt, i have design a mode to translate all the material names , here is how i make it :

First, read the description of the materials , analyse it and find the corresponding materials in the real life. After that, transliterate the prefix of the materials name and combine the transliteration and the real life materials. And now ,we have a brand new word in other languague which could show its a different materials but easy to understand and remember in the same time.
For example, when Im translating Bastium ,the description is "Most common metal available. Most objects in spaceships are made out of Bastium. Offers excellent structural durability for objects. " Its easy to find out its corresponding Iron in the real life. Then ,we transliterate the prefix "Bast",and assemble them. Now, we have a word that easy to translatte: "Bast-Iron" . We could easily got the translation such as "Базз-железо" , "巴斯铁","파스쇠붙이" or any other language.
The most difficult part of it is finding the corresponding materials in the real life, and i have already done it .here is the list:

Valkite - Calcite
Ajatite - Quartz
Bastium - Iron/ferrum
Aegisium -Chromium
Oninum - Osmium
Charodium - Wolfram
Merkerium - Cuprum
Lukium - Plumbum
Tengium - Tantalum
Ilmatrium - Lithium
Ukonium - hydrargyrum
Vokarium - Nickel
Exorium - Uranium (specially , i translate this one into "Exo-Uranium")
Kutonium - Titanium
Arkanium - sliver/Argentum
Corazium - Platinum
Xhalium - gold/Aurum

However , its too hard to find whats the frozen materials corresponding materials , I have to wait for more information.

Besause of all the description are only one sentence, there may be some mistake or unsuited materials, im not learning chemistry specialitie in the univercity :V If you think some materials is better ,please let me know.

BTW, I probably found the word-formation of the alloy materials, although there is only one alloy for now

the Bastonium is made of Bastium and Kutonium , so we could just simply combine "Bast-" and "-tonium", and we got the Titanium steel in starbase ,Bastonium,quite simple!
Is that means all the alloys name will be a simply combination of raw material?Or that will be much more complex later on ?

FranklinZ

Well-known endo
Valkite dust - 砙
Ajatite dust - 硖
Bastium - 铇
Aegisium - 琻
Oninum - 锳
Charodium - 镲
Merkerium - 铓
Lukium - 锍
Tengium - 镫
Ilmatrium - 锊
Ukonium - 铻
Vokarium - 钹
Exorium - 锷
Kutonium - 锟
Arkanium - 铵
Corazium - 锴
Xhalium - 镟
Ice - 冰
Surtrite - 溸
Nhurgite - 淣
Haderite - 湟
Karnite - 涳

I named the elements according to Chinese element naming rules and an approximation of their pronunciation.
Maybe consider these names FB?
For Bastium 巴斯铁 sounds like translated fantasy material but 铇 sounds like an actual element in real life.

CalenLoki

Master endo
Just don't translate those names. Despite similarities, they are not real world elements. You'd only confuse people, and trigger realism-freaks

FranklinZ

Well-known endo
Valkite dust - 砙
Ajatite dust - 硖
Bastium - 铇
Aegisium - 琻
Oninum - 锳
Charodium - 镲
Merkerium - 铓
Lukium - 锍
Tengium - 镫
Ilmatrium - 锊
Ukonium - 铻
Vokarium - 钹
Exorium - 锷
Kutonium - 锟
Arkanium - 铵
Corazium - 锴
Xhalium - 镟
Ice - 冰
Surtrite - 溸
Nhurgite - 淣
Haderite - 湟
Karnite - 涳

I named the elements according to Chinese element naming rules and an approximation of their pronunciation.
Maybe consider these names FB?
For Bastium 巴斯铁 sounds like translated fantasy material but 铇 sounds like an actual element in real life.
I tried to avoid characters that are already used for an element or a character that is too commonly used. Many of the characters I used are different names for Iron or Gold, but are not used anymore. These names follow the naming rules, but do not use names of real elements in their translation.

FranklinZ

Well-known endo
Just don't translate those names. Despite similarities, they are not real world elements. You'd only confuse people, and trigger realism-freaks
You have to in the case of languages not using the alphabet.
In that case my translations can avoid confusion better.
Bastium - 铇 can be separated into 钅 and 包, where 包 approximates "Bast" and 钅means "-ium"
In the same sense, "-ite" can be replaced with 氵 (liquids) or 石 (solids), while the other half of the character represent pronunciation.

No offense sir, I just wanna find a easy way to remember all the materials , especially the player who dont speak english. I hope when a new player hear a materials name ,he could realize that "Oh maybe I could use this to make electric wire" but not remembering all the pure-transliteration word with difficulty.
I think adding a transliterated prefix is enough to sets them apart from the real-life materials, maybe that is not so obvious?

XenoCow

Master endo
I just wanna find a easy way to remember all the materials
That almost sounds like it would give non-native English speakers an advantage of understanding. Most of these elements don't seem to have common prefixes that reflect their properties.

I would think that phonetic translation would only be more problematic for languages that use pictographs. However, I know that for Japanese at least, it shouldn't be too hard. For example: "Bastium" could be written as "バスティアム” = Ba-su-ti-a-mu (though people would likely just end up calling it "バス").