What kind of mounted Weaponry would you like to see?

Kodey

Veteran endo
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but i'd like to see improvement on rails, so we could have much, much bigger turrets, and the variety you could have in turrets would be insane. Here's a concept i made based off an image i found for the 8.8cm flak(barrel not included). And of course, things wouldn't be limited to stuff like this. You could create something on a smaller scale, like a battery, or even a recoil dampening system.

However, as for actual mounted weapons? I'd just like to see something like a cannon/howitzer, something that'd give us the potential to use customs rounds (HE, AP, etc) at the cost of extreme recoil (giving use for rail recoil dampening), give some love to projectiles that aren't rail/coil guns. A bomber system would be awesome to see in the game too (once the glass cannon meta is fixed), it'd be great to see on moon warfare. Here's how I see ranges going for each type of weapon
1: (most range) Projectiles (rail/coilguns, and other projectiles)
2:Laser
3: plasma

-Emp weaponry that disrupts yolo chips or controls with appropriate hardened countermeasures.
-A vehicle mounted anti personnel flame thrower that uses a fuel that continues to burn for a minute or so after fire ceases.

Gknees

Well-known endo
This is about personal interest: What would YOU guys like to see as mounted weaponry?
The only 2 ideas coming to mind for me rn are: 1. Some kind of rotary cannon or gatling gun like GAU-8 Avenger (Big Brrt Brrt of A-10 Warthog) that would only fit into a large weapon mount or 2. Some kind of big cannon like seen on battleships or even just a tank cannon (again only being able to fit into large weapon mount)
What are YOUR ideas? I wanna know

Your curious fella, five
i want to see some kind of shotgun. But it also should have some special abilities like heat seeking pellets that will chagne their course just a bit closer to a enemy ship. Also i want to see some kind of different ammo like slug, or even a dragon breath. And i think there should be some different types of ammo for plasma or autocannons or flak like timed detonator and connect them to YOLOL. I think there should be some options for laser guns like changing a power consumption that will lead to lowering power consumption, lowering damage and increasing ROF and magazine capacity.
There even can be a big flamethrower that spits corrosive napalm that can fly like more than u expect from flamethrower.

I really dont like the idea of having more or less rare components. Everybody should be able to access to the same parts for their ships for roughly the same money. Cause otherwise you would end up with a faction so large that it starts to terrorise the rest because it just has better equipment. I like conflict, but I don't like to be terrorised by some larger faction because there is a Pay2Win-esque type of system. Engineering and piloting skills should decide the fight, not who got the right parts
if you don't like that, then why are capital ships set up the way they are and not just based on a flight time requirement in a sub-capital ship of a certain size and weight? not a civilian version and military version just after you meet the required flight time you can go to a station and purchase an advanced pilot license to be able to fly and build one.

Last edited:

Joelfett

Well-known endo
After devs improve moons and allow for base building, I'd love to see flak cannons, because we all know that hitting a small fighter from far away with currently available weapons is challenging, also these defence points are going to be easy targets.
Flak cannons might be a good way to introduce 40 mm munitions into starbase

Maybe I'm super late to this but hey why not...

Ever since I started playing Eve online I've always wanted to use tractor beams as a way to sling shot around a enemy ship so my ship could maintain a aggressive angle to shoot at while strafing around the affected ship. From what I see from the videos this kind of weapon could be used by smaller ships to tackle larger ships or heavier ships could cause significant structure stress based on the relative inertial forces of the ships in combat.

five

Master endo
if you don't like that, then why are capital ships set up the way they are and not just based on a flight time requirement in a sub-capital ship of a certain size and weight? not a civilian version and military version just after you meet the required flight time you can go to a station and purchase an advanced pilot license to be able to fly and build one.
The only difference between civilian and military capital ships is, that military ones are able to enter warzones and disable shields. as a trade of they have a longer charge time for travel as far as i know. they arent different grade ships, they simply have different allowances

I’d like to see a harpoon gun. Seeing a small squad of ships reeling in a larger one sounds like a lot of fun. If you have to, cut the line and the enemy ship still has a harpoon stuck in their hull (unless it falls out or is somehow removed).

To go along with the EMP type ideas I’ve read, what about a “heat gun” that does low damage to plates, but heats up devices to extreme temps? I think to balance it, the heat gun would need to stay on target much longer than most guns need to in order to be effective.