would you rather be slaved to build ships or be slaved to fight

Vexus

Master endo
I imagine there will be some shuttle at the starter mega-stations, and someone asking new players if they want a ride. "Sure! Where we going?" "Just get in."

20 new players load up and look around the ship, and the pilot takes off.

10 minutes later, the ship approaches a station, and the pilot lets everyone know: "Under your seat is a rifle. The red guys are the bad guys. I'm dropping you in in 2 minutes! Get ready to fight!"

Everyone opens the storage under their seat and grabs a rifle, and two minutes later, with ship cannons and lasers firing all over the place, the 20 new players are dropped off on the back end of a faction station which is under full attack.

How about we don't put slavery into the game as a mechanic ever? This is a very poor way of interacting with other people inside or outside of a video game, not to mention the inherent problems of slavery in EVERY historical context that comes to mind.

Kimsemus

Well-known endo
Yeah if you think enslaving irl people in a video game as a mechanic should be a thing you should probably sort your life out. And question your values.

CalenLoki

Master endo
As long as I can be slaved to do interesting things (ship design, combat) and not mindless boring repetitive grind/waiting, I'm fine.

OP i suspect the devs want to actually make money on this game so why would they ever add this as a game mechanic