Your ship of choice?

Venixer

Well-known endo
What kind of ship would you want to be able to own in Starbase? Merchant trade ship? Assault corvette? Super miner? Luxury space yacht?

A type of ship that would be buildable for a person or group.

Plz, serious answers, no ridiculous superweapons.

Wicca

Well-known endo
I think I would like a multifunction ship of a smaller/moderate size, so I can do mining, transport and pew pew without too much of a crew.

Benno

Learned-to-sprint endo
What kind of ship would you want to be able to own in Starbase? Merchant trade ship? Assault corvette? Super miner? Luxury space yacht?

I would really like some sort of frigate, those seem the closest to *hella big* for what the game can handle rn.

Ill just make myself a simple Ship which is kinda like the Constellation from Star Citizen

Spear-like with good protection of pilot and a place to bolt some detachable machinery with fuel and trusters for fast long journeys.
Maybe too complicated and not cheap, but want to try.
Also want to plan a mission to secretly put some stations on fire, and some kind of ship to do it.
And maybe do some my own kind of armor using a lot of bolts and laser cutter tool.

I follow the ideology of big, so basically as large as physically possible to build within the game's limits and with my group

Variabug

Well-known endo
I follow the ideology of big, so basically as large as physically possible to build within the game's limits and with my group
Problem with big ship is drag. The larger they are the slower and more fuel intensive they get. Eventually they'll be so large it'll be economically nonviable to maintain it.

Problem with big ship is drag. The larger they are the slower and more fuel intensive they get. Eventually they'll be so large it'll be economically nonviable to maintain it.
True, but you don't always have to move your excessively massive ships, only when needed really. Most of the time it would be the smaller ships maintaining and gaining large resources

Mito

Well-known endo

A multi-use Drop ship that that could easily be refitted to serve as a small scale cargo smuggler, A gunship or a troop transport

I will build a highly armored explorer ship that has some guns here but mostly I will build it for surviving just about anything.
I want it to have plenty of redundancy systems and redundancy circuits and want to build a ship that can still be controlled basically when half of it has gone missing.

It's gonna have bit of cargo space just for the most precious special stuff I might find.

The exact details of how I'm gonna earn my living with this ship will depend much on the gameplay options Starbase is going to offer. :D

Mito

Well-known endo
I will build a highly armored explorer ship that has some guns here but mostly I will build it for surviving just about anything.
I want it to have plenty of redundancy systems and redundancy circuits and want to build a ship that can still be controlled basically when half of it has gone missing.

It's gonna have bit of cargo space just for the most precious special stuff I might find.

The exact details of how I'm gonna earn my living with this ship will depend much on the gameplay options Starbase is going to offer. :D
the cargo space is a good idea. maybe consider thinking about some onboard refinement facilities for en-route fuel production?

Variabug

Well-known endo
My ship is an explorer similar to Terrapin's. She's gonna be self sufficient with advanced YOLOL tech and independent generators for other systems to allow for backup power. I'm also thinking of testing out batteries to see if they can be used for auxiliary or overcharge purposes.

Rate^

Endokid
As first plan is to make a huge asteroid hauler with refining capabilities, if game allow me to do it.
Second plan is some sort of small explorer ship.
We will see :p

the cargo space is a good idea. maybe consider thinking about some onboard refinement facilities for en-route fuel production?
Yes, very good idea.
Also some very basic salvage maybe in case I find some lost wreck with highly valuable materials.... but this again depends on Starbase gameplay. It might be that I will simply go and simply directly attach/weld any good material to my ship directly :D

I will try to put as much multi-purpose stuff in on a very basic level as possible, but the main focus will be armor, scanners, long range and overall survivability.

For example I am planning to go with many small thrusters instead of one big one and have my fuel attached in more than one place to make sure that even if it explodes I have plenty to go by.

I am already looking forward to planning out the ship construction in a way that makes, for example, fuel tanks well protected but little liability if they explode.

Morrgard

Master endo
I would enjoy a decently sized battleship or something similar to such, with a nice bridge where I can stand within it and just view out. I know I have a blueprint in mind that I am hoping to have made once the game is out, however, it won't be just me building it deemed good enough.

K-T0N

Learned-to-sprint endo
As of now, I’ll go with a battle yacht with a mining laser battering ram. Why? Because I can. And we need to be creative! Let us break the shackles limiting our imagination!