Your ship of choice?

Saltylelele

Well-known endo
I will just be fine with creating a miner for myself, but since I do make alot of ships (at least that is the idea of my sub-corp) I will prob make every other class at least once

Right now I'm leaning towards a mid-small sized vessel, but with a super powerful engine for exploring. Bristling with sensor arrays for scanning, and gun batteries in case of pirates or other unsavory spacefarers. Like this one I built in Gmod Spacebuild:

Attachments

My heart lies with designing and building frigate or destroyer sized combat vessels, but being able to design outside of survival is not a release feature, so I'll settle for something the size of a PT boat. What I'd actually be doing with it is anyone's guess.

I will build a highly armored explorer ship that has some guns here but mostly I will build it for surviving just about anything.
I want it to have plenty of redundancy systems and redundancy circuits and want to build a ship that can still be controlled basically when half of it has gone missing.
So... a Terrapin? lol
Fancy meeting you outside of the subreddit. Love the reddit posts. (I guess being the same genre and all I shouldn't be surprised.)

I would love a stealth reconnaissance ship, adept at travelling through dangerous territory unnoticed. Also, it should well equipped for shiny hunting :D

What kind of ship would you want to be able to own in Starbase? Merchant trade ship? Assault corvette? Super miner? Luxury space yacht?

A type of ship that would be buildable for a person or group.

Plz, serious answers, no ridiculous superweapons.
My ship would basically be a light multipurpose frigate with deployable everything, deployable landing pads, deployable armour, deployable "asteroid nets". A big yolol mess basically

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation
My ship would basically be a light multipurpose frigate with deployable everything, deployable landing pads, deployable armour, deployable "asteroid nets". A big yolol mess basically
Sounds like everyone wants multipurpose ships, I wonder how practical they would be.

My heart lies with designing and building frigate or destroyer sized combat vessels, but being able to design outside of survival is not a release feature, so I'll settle for something the size of a PT boat. What I'd actually be doing with it is anyone's guess.

So... a Terrapin? lol
Fancy meeting you outside of the subreddit. Love the reddit posts. (I guess being the same genre and all I shouldn't be surprised.)
Hi there!
Thx!
Basically yea, a bigger enhanced version of the Terrapin ;)

If I manage to pull it off. Lets see how hard it is to build stuff once we can actually try doing it.

Variabug

Well-known endo
Sounds like everyone wants multipurpose ships, I wonder how practical they would be.
I think they'll be good. Although more dedicated warships might benefit from specialization. A lot of players won't be able to have large fleets so they'll need one really good ship to fly around and do as much as possible.

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation
I think they'll be good. Although more dedicated warships might benefit from specialization. A lot of players won't be able to have large fleets so they'll need one really good ship to fly around and do as much as possible.
Which is fair enough.

I expect it will be self regulating. A huge ship will not be agile unless you use all available space for engines and power. A ship with 90 cargo hold will always be more efficient at cargo runs. Etc.

Variabug

Well-known endo
I expect it will be self regulating. A huge ship will not be agile unless you use all available space for engines and power. A ship with 90 cargo hold will always be more efficient at cargo runs. Etc.
That's part of it. Ships will need to be tested to see how designs function. Also fuel efficiency will be a major factor in any design.

Morrgard

Master endo
The only ship I need in my life ;)

Haha yes, the space scooter :p I remember I spoke about you with ships and ship designs yesterday, I let Stone know you may possibly be interested in some external ship designs :) He has signed up as a contractor for making ship designs, maybe you will get along!

Strite

Active endo
I'll primarily be piloting something small and nimble.
Right now I'm leaning towards a mid-small sized vessel, but with a super powerful engine for exploring. Bristling with sensor arrays for scanning, and gun batteries in case of pirates or other unsavory spacefarers. Like this one I built in Gmod Spacebuild:
Cool ship! Reminds me of the Ebon Hawk from KOTOR. Would love to see it recreated in SB! :D

Morrgard

Master endo
At first glance it looked like the millennium falcon which I'm not really a fan off, that looks good though. Go for it.