Owning more than 1 whole block?

can a person own a entire free zone space station? or are there limits on what a person can purchase. like if my whole group threw in credits and we purchased the entire space could we do it?

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation
can a person own a entire free zone space station? or are there limits on what a person can purchase. like if my whole group threw in credits and we purchased the entire space could we do it?
Last I checked you can own several sections of stations as a group, which could in theory allow for a monopoly on station ground space.

i think its just a matter of money...
but since it will cost you money per day to rent it noone will probably do that (think about upkeep in rust)

Stanky

Active endo
You can of course rent larger rental blocks, but I believe I heard that you can rent out an entire section of rental blocks.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Hopefully it's going be say 1 per station though I love to be able to own one in all stations or ones I pick due to their locations, etc. But I'm sure once the game is out. Factions will claim tons each and just share permissions and have larger area's.

CalenLoki

Master endo
According to devs, amount of rental lots will rise to make sure everyone can rent one.
So if you rent them with sole purpose of blocking others from doing so, you just throw upkeep money away.

stations can be upgraded to be larger.
and if a group trys to own a full station~ they'll be paying a large amount of rent for each spot.

Saltylelele

Well-known endo
depends. currently the DEV stations have full protection/safe zone. while player stations need some sort of protection.
I hope they use the same system as EVE Online for the station safety. They use invulnerability windows where the players can specify a certain time where they are most active and make the station vulnerable.

I hope they use the same system as EVE Online for the station safety. They use invulnerability windows where the players can specify a certain time where they are most active and make the station vulnerable.
Currently DEV mega stations have full protection~ and every trade & fuel station has full protection safezone.
the safe zone can be extended by player stations that are also build in the safezone(not sure how that will work).
but player stations outside the zone are free game.

I agree with that statement. that player stations should have a protection time frame so that we don't need to deal with the CSTG blight of having to fight them for non-stop 3 to 5 days straight without sleep. if they set it up so that the station shield falls for maybe a few hours and varying it on size to make it fall more often/ longer. that would be great.

in Atlas...I hated losing my base after staying awake for 3 days straight during a weekdays to fight a damn mega-faction. they just keep naked running my base and chiping the walls with pickaxes and would sit there contesting every area flag I owned. the message on my screen drove me nuts.

idk how the devs replyed to this, but wasnt there a question about forcefields or shields?
i mean... we allready have one (the cargo frame and maybe the tractorbeam/cargobeam, so it kinda fits with the theme of the game)
maybe make it so factions could place this huge energy eating chunk of technic onto their station and the forcefield would prevent everyone inside from taking damage and make all projectiles bounce off the shield (so you dont have an advantage just becourse you are inside of the shild and your enemys arent). would be a good idea becourse:
1. would heat up over time so if used too long at one time would explode (heat mecanism like with the generators)
2. would be the same scifi theme
3. would use energy and make a temperary safezone wich basicly everone wannts.
4. thanks to the heat would make it so you cant have it online 24/7
5. you could see how big the forcefield is just by looking at it (you know good old blue transperant forcefields)
6. normal stations could use these things too but 24/7 for the starter stations
7. maybe different shieldsizes with different heat/energyconsumtion?
(i probably forgot something important why this is a bad idea but i dont see one yet)

Last edited:

Burnside

Master endo
No. That system killed faction warfare harder than it already was. My understanding is that player owned safe stations lose their safezones when a declared enemy overwhelms some variable fleetsize requirement determined by a base value plus the fleetsize value of friendlies present. So a seige could become a contest of who can keep the most people online longer and then devolve into a fight, which means a certain class of people with too much time on their hands will tend to dominate.