Is there going to be something like Safe zones for Player Created Stations?

five

Master endo
Is there going to be some protection given to Player Created Stations or are they goint to be on their own and need to protect themselves?

Tagarik

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
In current state of Closed Alpha, It's hard to predict if player created stations will be even possible. We only know that devs are working on it.

In my opinion, there shouldn't be any safe zones for as you call it PCRs. This would be very problematic when it comes to faction battles between these stations, and also would give no purpose to defend them. And this is what the game is about: simulating destruction.

I'd vote for no player created safe zones, but I'd vote yes for a shield kind of mechanic that could be pounded on to cause to fail to offer some resistance to prevent abuse \ easy raids, maybe something that increases it's durability \ hp after X minutes of the owner \ faction being offline. Still able to be destroyed, but makes it a worthy defense for a faction raid.

CalenLoki

Master endo
PCS are planned, just as some offline protection mechanics that can be taken down by laying siege. So you won't be able to grief them when nobody is there to defend it. But you also won't be magically protected if someone brings a fleet and lay a siege.

We don't know any details on the defence mechanics, but there were a lot of various ideas discussed both here and in discord. Just search for them, read and post there if you have anything new to add.

Venombrew

Master endo
We don't know any details on the defence mechanics, but there were a lot of various ideas discussed both here and in discord. Just search for them, read and post there if you have anything new to add.
weren't people talking about having manned defensive cannons around your station as a possible siege defense? i know people talked about building mines and placing them in areas they want to funnel traffic away from but mines will have to be player designed and built.

L9M2

Learned-to-sprint endo
Honestly, I think something like would be fun if it wasn't "permanant" like a "shield generator" that costs something very expensive to keep it up.

Similar to Space Engineers shield generator they added recently.

If not, I wouldn't mind not having safe zones at all! That's what the pew pew guns are for lol.

Kenetor

Master endo
Devs have said when player stations first hit in CA (in a few weeks time) they will have perma safezones. This will be until the siege mechanics are finalised then they will be dynamic safe zones.
dynamic safe zones give time for the defending fleet to come online and defend, while I'm sure griefers and try hards will be against this, I think actually having a fight for a station is pretty good and more fun than just simply nuking a station.As for how the siege mechanics work, I think it was something along the lines of the bigger fleet you bring to attack, the less the timer will be to allow the attack.
As they haven't finished designing this we don't know any more specifics.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
Devs have said when player stations first hit in CA (in a few weeks time) they will have perma safezones. This will be until the siege mechanics are finalised then they will be dynamic safe zones.
dynamic safe zones give time for the defending fleet to come online and defend, while I'm sure griefers and try hards will be against this, I think actually having a fight for a station is pretty good and more fun than just simply nuking a station.As for how the siege mechanics work, I think it was something along the lines of the bigger fleet you bring to attack, the less the timer will be to allow the attack.
As they haven't finished designing this we don't know any more specifics.
Few weeks' time? Kenetor what kinda info are you getting on the side :unsure:

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Current plan is that everyone gets one station from permanent safe zone area, and one area from permanent moon safe zone. Outside safe zones the stations will have a dynamic safe zone, which is siege-able. CA version has first permanent safe zones also outside safe zone area, ie. stations start from being indestructible and we'll work from there.

Current plan is that everyone gets one station from permanent safe zone area, and one area from permanent moon safe zone. Outside safe zones the stations will have a dynamic safe zone, which is siege-able. CA version has first permanent safe zones also outside safe zone area, ie. stations start from being indestructible and we'll work from there.
should be interesting how this all plays out!!

five

Master endo
Thank you for the information

Should be a sovereignty option similar to EVE, you police your own space, and your own space station. However, I think shields/defenses for your stations such as a whitelist should definitely be a thing, automation is a part of this game via YOLOL, and should be abused to this effect hopefully