Space mines

Burnside

Master endo
I feel like mines won't be useful in combat but more so in sabotage because the universe is big and trying to get people to run in to stuff is hard. Most people can make it through space in a strait line without hitting any asteroids for the most part. They would be much more useful at a point of intrest like an asteroid, but even for that I'm not sure how it might work.
I keep saying it, mines only became an active combat thing in video games, irl mines are just really dumb guard and warning weapons, it's to prevent somebody from going near the mine or minefield, not to catch them in the blast, they have to be dumb or bold enough to charge into the mine's range on purpose or total random accident.

Jasperagus

Well-known endo
I keep saying it, mines only became an active combat thing in video games, irl mines are just really dumb guard and warning weapons, it's to prevent somebody from going near the mine or minefield, not to catch them in the blast, they have to be dumb or bold enough to charge into the mine's range on purpose or total random accident.
Sorta my point.

Venombrew

Master endo
lets say this game does really well, i mean really well, high population players, new ones always coming in. Couple years down the road would be amazing to see what they can do if success hits really well for them with SB. Two prosperous years of player and dev collaboration could spawn some amazing looking stuff. Fingers crossed for walking spider bombs in the future!

Could have a small brick with a warhead inside with a wire to a yolol module maybe and have a sensor in each direction to detect distance and when close enough, fire a tractor beam towards the hull to drag the mine closer and when close enough the yolol code triggers a detonation and damaging the ship. payload and size can vary based on what you need. If you have a small station in an astroid field then maybe set mines up behind the astroids to try and hide them. Or keep some mines on a ship to deploy like depth charges on a boat intended for smaller ships like fighters in a blind spot.