Why is combat logging a thing?

Literally, every PvP encounter I meet, the dude would just log out to glitch my UI with ship host transfer - and then he can log in for couple of seconds, shoot a couple of bullets, and log back out - while you completely lose control of your ship or endo, because of microlag when the ship host switches. How is that wasn't ever addressed? I searched through the forums and didn't find even one theme!

So, again, why just not implementing a logout timer? Like, at least 3 minutes? It solves ALL the issues, it literally has no drawbacks - and it would allow people to transfer the host of a ship much more smooth.

I like the game so far, but that combat log abuse just drives me nuts sometimes. Like, even after a successfull attack on someone's ship, I can't go further and collect anything, because other player just logged out and can log back in and kill me at any moment. What's the logic behind that?

Are there really any technical limitations for logout timer? Please, I want to believe this is a known issue and devs are working on it.

Thanks!

Is no one one really concerned about it?! How can I reach the developers and at least understand if that's going to be fixed or it is a feature?

As this is the start of EA and closed alpha didnt really have any real combat, only combat events, this is probably a realatively new issue.
They will fix this at some point, they would need some time to see how to implement a solution tho.
As far as i know the developers, they arent the type to just slap a poorly discussed solution on the problem but rather look for a long term solution as such it might take some time...

XenoCow

Master endo
Jeez, sounds like some people are just are scared of actually fighting. Bunch of cowards.

Edit: I change my mind on my opinions of the loggers, I misread the original post to say that the aggressors were using combat logging to hurt the attacked. I still think that it is dishonorable to logout with the intention of striking when the attacker is not expecting it, but just running away is an understandable reaction.

Last edited:
As this is the start of EA and closed alpha didnt really have any real combat, only combat events, this is probably a realatively new issue.
They will fix this at some point, they would need some time to see how to implement a solution tho.
As far as i know the developers, they arent the type to just slap a poorly discussed solution on the problem but rather look for a long term solution as such it might take some time...
It definetly looks like the devs are paying attention to what's going on, not arguing with that. I just want to be sure they know about that problem, cause it's a fundamental flaw.

STEALTH

Well-known endo
Literally, every PvP encounter I meet, the dude would just log out to glitch my UI with ship host transfer - and then he can log in for couple of seconds, shoot a couple of bullets, and log back out - while you completely lose control of your ship or endo, because of microlag when the ship host switches. How is that wasn't ever addressed? I searched through the forums and didn't find even one theme!

So, again, why just not implementing a logout timer? Like, at least 3 minutes? It solves ALL the issues, it literally has no drawbacks - and it would allow people to transfer the host of a ship much more smooth.

I like the game so far, but that combat log abuse just drives me nuts sometimes. Like, even after a successfull attack on someone's ship, I can't go further and collect anything, because other player just logged out and can log back in and kill me at any moment. What's the logic behind that?

Are there really any technical limitations for logout timer? Please, I want to believe this is a known issue and devs are working on it.

Thanks!
Fairly certain some do this and it would be nice if a timer was put in like other games. With that said however it seems you've been very unlucky with your hunts. Folks in my faction have yet to deal with a combat logger and the tons of vids/streams I've watched so far have only had one person do it.

At the end of the day, at least the valuables are not lost by the logging. They save face but at the end are still losing unlike games like DayZ, SCUM, ARK, etc. where if the person succeeded with the combat log...there goes the profit with it unless we're talking a base attack.

The attempt to log back in to kill you...that definitely can be an issue though I assume most are just wanting to save face. NVM the "Suggestion" statement , just saw Lauri's response...good stuff!