YOLOL Coding Possibilities?

five

Master endo
So could you make an automatic evasive maneuvers program with YOLOL?
You theoretically could and it would go something like this:
{line 1} if button_state = 1 then go to line 2 else go to line 1 end (roughl YOLOL though i am trying to learn more about it)
{line 2} throttle = 0: FCURotationalPitch = 90 end
{line 3} throttle = 100: FCURotationalPitch = 0 end

you can put in as much delay between line 2 and 3 as you want. This would basically make your ship do a cobra.
Though i am not that confident that you should use buttons for these kind of things. A good chunk of being a good fighter pilot is being unpredictable and with stuff like this you limit yourself to pre programmed maneuvers that you could do with keybindings or if u have a HOTAS system it would be even more simple.
I would use yolol more to automate things I want to happen but cannot mannually control. For example deploying something like chaff or flares or switching from using autocannons to plasma throwers for example.

You theoretically could and it would go something like this:
{line 1} if button_state = 1 then go to line 2 else go to line 1 end (roughl YOLOL though i am trying to learn more about it)
{line 2} throttle = 0: FCURotationalPitch = 90 end
{line 3} throttle = 100: FCURotationalPitch = 0 end

you can put in as much delay between line 2 and 3 as you want. This would basically make your ship do a cobra.
Though i am not that confident that you should use buttons for these kind of things. A good chunk of being a good fighter pilot is being unpredictable and with stuff like this you limit yourself to pre programmed maneuvers that you could do with keybindings or if u have a HOTAS system it would be even more simple.
I would use yolol more to automate things I want to happen but cannot mannually control. For example deploying something like chaff or flares or switching from using autocannons to plasma throwers for example.
Well, I meant for bigger ships to evade things like torpedoes that move slower.

five

Master endo
Well, I meant for bigger ships to evade things like torpedoes that move slower.
Still a waste of coding. You cannot programm a adaptive evasive maneuver without tons of sensors. And you also cannot programm a universal one that always dodges everything. A pilot needs to learn and possibly even practice, how to evade certain obstacles