Bounty Hunter Jobs

There's been talk of toxic PvP players who have ganged up on weaker ones, killed them and destroyed the remains of their ships. I suggest a policing system whereas players can receive bounties for excessive player killing / ship destruction / etc.. Players can accept bounty jobs (activating a waypointer or proximity detection device) and head out to collect the remains of said bounty for a cash reward.

Pros:
- an additional late-game job.
- a motivation for advanced players to attack each other instead of newbie squashing.
- role-playing opportunities.

Cons:
- Players could theoretically conspire to artificially create bounties, then collect the easy reward and split it among them.

Feel free to critique this idea. I think the concept fits nicely in this type of game, but the more heads together, the better!

XenoCow

Master endo
I agree that there should be bounties in the game. That's one of the purposes of the group that I'm working on making. Even without my group, I think that bounties can be posted and such all at the player's hands. This way, fibbing the "system" will be a much harder con.

Last edited:
Great idea i feel that games that have a mechanic inplaminted to stop players from cheesing the game two notes on there should be different kinds of bounties like noob farming or kidnapping players and two a group bounty they would offer more like 10 percent more but be more dangerous

I think a player run bounty board would be more fun then a mechanical way to do it. Maybe have a mechanic where players/companies/factions can create quests. Therefore its tied into the real economy and not just creating random wealth. The scum force players to band together and unite. Without pirates and risk it would just be a dead world.

five

Master endo
I think a player run bounty board would be more fun then a mechanical way to do it. Maybe have a mechanic where players/companies/factions can create quests. Therefore its tied into the real economy and not just creating random wealth. The scum force players to band together and unite. Without pirates and risk it would just be a dead world.
I wouldn't just build a quest mechanic, you could make a bounty board. You go to a certain location at your station and look at the board. There are Names for example: NoobSquasher69, last seen west of origin, bounty: 2 million credits

I fear specific bounty board mechanic. Depending on how they do it of course. If its boardcasted through out all stations everywhere that would be disappointing as the feel of far flung middle of no where stations would lose that extra uniqueness. Why go to another station or even travel if a Endo can just meet all their needs at one station. But we will see how or if its done.

kiiyo

Veteran endo
While this is a good idea, we also need to remember not to give the bounty hunter an automatic lock-on onto his target. The devs don't seem to be particularly excited about the idea of pretty much any HUD at all, so the manner in which directions are given to the bounty are still very much up in the air.